Question Motherboard MSI GF615M-P33 CPU Support

Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017
So i have been considering to upgrade my CPU without buying a new motherboard here in my country i found a couple of CPU-s that are considered to be supported by my Motherboard currently my setup is:

8gb ram DDR3
amd athlon II x4 620
GTX 750ti
cheap psu 500w

I am considering to replace my x4 620 with an AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz
Will my Motherboard support this CPU or no? (if not what would be the best cpu for this Mobo)???

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The 945 is newer and definitely compatible.
The 965 is technically slightly faster, but not by much.

First thing I'd want to swap is your cheap PSU. Never skrimp on a PSU! Get a good qualiy unit otherwise you risk damaging your other components.

Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017
The 945 is newer and definitely compatible.
The 965 is technically slightly faster, but not by much.

First thing I'd want to swap is your cheap PSU. Never skrimp on a PSU! Get a good qualiy unit otherwise you risk damaging your other components.

i want to play a known game Rust but get problems where my PC stutters on some parts and it seems to be the CPU so would the 945 seal the deal?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i want to play a known game Rust but get problems where my PC stutters on some parts and it seems to be the CPU so would the 945 seal the deal?
From a X4 620? No probably not, as the 945 is only a slightly higher clock speed. The difference will be pretty minimal.
The 960T would be a bit better than that, but ultimately your upgrade options for that chipset is incredibly limited, you're already reaching high capabilities. Any upgrade you make will struggle in today's applications.

Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017
From a X4 620? No probably not, as the 945 is only a slightly higher clock speed. The difference will be pretty minimal.
The 960T would be a bit better than that, but ultimately your upgrade options for that chipset is incredibly limited, you're already reaching high capabilities. Any upgrade you make will struggle in today's applications.

i mean the x4 620 does not have any L3 cache and im trying to match the power consumption

Zaiboo

Reputable
May 16, 2017

i mean the x4 620 does not have any L3 cache and im trying to match the power consumption