Question Motherboard MSI H110 M ECO replaced by MSI H510M-A PRO

Jun 9, 2022
Hello
I need to replace my msi H110M ECO nut board (9.6 x 8.1 inch) because it is not suitable for the TPM 2.0. Also the processor intel-core i5-6400 6th gen is no longer suitable according to the Microsoft list.

So I'm looking forward to a new msi H510M-A PRO motherboard and a new cpu intel-core i5-11500 (10/11gen).

But what I don't understand is that the standoffs on the msi motherboards are not universal and the same everywhere.

The current dimensions of my MSI H110M ECO are 9.6x 8.1.inch.
The dimensions of my Antec micro-ATX case are: height 365 mm, width 173 mm, depth 393 mm. Volume 24,82 L.

The normal m-ATX dimensions are 9.6 x 9.6, but my motherboard is 9.6 x 8.1 inches.

Some are the same, others are different. There are different form factors, such as ATX and Micro ATX, BTX-Micro BTX-PicoBTX, etc. And some companies don't bother to stick to a form factor and simply design their own.

Can I replace my new msi H510M-A PRO motherboard(m-ATX) with a new motherboard msi H510M-A PRO (m-ATX)on the same template of the desktop?

Thanks in advance.
With kind regards,

Gilbert
[url=https://postimg.cc/w3tzR5XK][/URL]
[url=https://postimg.cc/crJCrtFP][/URL]
[url=https://postimages.org/][/URL]

The places of the holes in the motherboards are universal.
This is what allows such a large number of different motherboard to go in different brands of cases,
What you have to check is the size of the motherboard ( full ATX or micro ATX ) that can enter in your case.

Jun 9, 2022
De plaatsen van de gaten in de moederborden zijn universeel. Dit is wat zo'n groot aantal verschillende moederborden in verschillende merken behuizingen mogelijk maakt. Wat je moet controleren is de grootte van het moederbord (volledige ATX of micro ATX) dat in jouw hoesje kan komen. [/CITAAT]
The places of the holes in the motherboards are universal.
This is what allows such a large number of different motherboard to go in different brands of cases,
What you have to check is the size of the motherboard ( full ATX or micro ATX ) that can enter in your case.

Thanks for the answer.
But because my current MSI micro-ATX H110M ECO motherboard is 9.6x8.1 inch and does not have the normal universal dimensions of 9.6 x 9.6 inches, the mounting holes of the new micro-ATX motherboard MSI H510M-A PRO do not match.

So I have to buy a new Micro-ATX computer cabinet that meets the dimensions 9.6 X 9.6 inches (normal standard dimensions for the micro-ATX cases.

Is this correct?
Grtz,
Gilberto

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
No, this is incorrect. 9.6" x 9.6" is the maximum size of a uATX motherboard, not the required size. This is not an unusual size; it's just missing the final two mount holes.

As noted above, mount locations are universal where present.

Jun 9, 2022
No, this is incorrect. 9.6" x 9.6" is the maximum size of a uATX motherboard, not the required size. This is not an unusual size; it's just missing the final two mount holes.

As noted above, mount locations are universal where present.
Thank you,

Can I only mount msi motherboards of 9.6 x 8.1 inch in the Antec Micro-ATX case?
Grtz,
Gilberto