Motherboard, no power

kjb125

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Hello all....

I skimmed around in the forums and really didn't see any post with this problem, if I missed something please point me in the right direction.

I'll try to explain my problem the best I can...

Came back from vacation and my computer would not power up. I suspected a storm took it out. I replaced the power supply and still got nothing. I suspected the motherboard next. And in this process decided to upgrade a little.

I got the gigabyte Z170x-UD3 motherboard with the i7 6700k and new memory sticks (g-skill).

Got everything in the case and hooked up..now it still will not power up.

The only light I see is on the LAN connection on the back of the case...any ideas what I screwed up :) ?

Components: (new)Gigabyte Z170x-UD3 mobo,(new) i7 6700k LGA 1151,(new) 16 gig memory G-Skill Rip Jaws, Geforce 950, cooler master CPU fan, (new)cooler master v1000 power supply

I checked on PCparts picker and all my parts seem to be compatible with this mobo...

I should add...No beeps, no lights (except for that LAN light), and no fans try to start.

Any help would be appreciated...

Solution
So called benching or breadboarding. Take out MB with processor, cooler, RAM and GPU if needed and assemble with just minimal number of parts. That takes out errors with case mounting and probable shorts out of equation.

kjb125

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Not quite sure I understand...Pull everything out and assemble with out the case/fans?
Just Mobo and power supply, memory and graphics card? How will I turn it on?