[SOLVED] Motherboard not accepting my Asus radeon 580 8gb

Jan 11, 2019
Hey, this is my new build and I've run into a problem. My motherboard and CPU go into boot but because it's not accepting my gpu so can't do anything on it. I think it is to do with my gpu as there is a small red light (I think they're the indicators) which doesn't go off, indicating a problem with gpu (OR as the mobo says, vga). I know it isn't the gpu as it is brand new and only arrived today

I dont know what to do from here and I'm getting really frustrated so any help will be amazing.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3
16gb (2x 8) ddr4 ram
Asus radeon rx 580 OC version
500W power supply

you need a bios update most likely to run Ryzen 2600 on a b350 chipset board. it does not natively support that CPU without a BIOS update. that is probably why you aren't getting a display. also make sure that your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the MB

Jan 11, 2019

The gpu is Asus radeon dual series radeon rx 580 8gb OC edition
The mobo is a Gigabyte gaming AB350-Gaming 3

I've tried the gpu in both pci slots and neither have worked.

Jan 11, 2019
Quoted 1
norcalsc 12 January 2019 07:43:14

you need a bios update most likely to run Ryzen 2600 on a b350 chipset board. it does not natively support that CPU without a BIOS update. that is probably why you aren't getting a display. also make sure that your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the MB

How do I go about updating the bios if i cant get a display? This may be a stupid question but i don't know

Solution