Motherboard not booting to bios!

iqbal_5

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I am using a Asus H110-Plus motherboard with an i5 7500 processor (I'm sure the processor can still run although it is Kabylake in a Skylake motherboard) with 16GB 2400Mhz corsair vengeance Ram. I have yet to purchase my GPU but have been using an old one from an old computer for testing.

The problem I am having is that when I power on the system, the motherboard lights works and the CPU fan, GPU and PSU fans are all operating but I am not getting a signal to my monitor. I have tried 3 different monitors and have tried using the GPU as well as the onboard graphics. I am unable to pin point the problem although I have a feeling it might be the PSU.

I am using an old PSU which is 400W. Since there is no high powered GPU plugged in, i am using it for testing. With it being such an old PSU, could this be the reason behind a failed boot?

Solution
i5 7500 CPU will not work without the version 3016 BIOS.

You can purchase a Celeron G3900 Skylake CPU for about $50 to flash the BIOS. I believe ASUS will flash the BIOS for free if you ask them and ship the motherboard to them.

iqbal_5

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

Is there anyway I can update the BIOS myself to the appropriate version?