[SOLVED] Motherboard not power on with power button

Jul 6, 2019
This is a MSI 850 Pro (MS6339) I know it’s an ancient Mobo , but I would like to get it running again.

So... the power button on it is not working, the motherboard looks fine (no blown caps), I’ve tried shorting the front panel pwr switch, I’ve cleaned out various pins, cleared the cmos, removed certain parts, and I’ve also shorted the Green and black pins on the PSU, what I do that, all that happens is the GPU and cpu fans spin up and the diagnostic lights turn on (all of them). Also, I connected a system speaker and it doesn’t beep at all.
😡🤯

System specs (I believe)
CPU Pentium 4 @1.5Ghz
GPU GeForce 2 MX 400
RAM 256MB RIMM

Time for a new system. Your problem isn't the power button. If you've tried jumping the pwr pins on the motherboard and it still doesn't start then either the motherboard is done or the power supply is. Given the age of the motherboard, it's not surprising, but what is the exact model number of your power supply and is it as old as the motherboard?

Jul 6, 2019
The Power supply is not as old as the Mobo, and it is a dell f255e (a stock dell PSU that I had laying around) I know that the power supply works because I had it hooked up to another one of my systems.