[SOLVED] Motherboard not powering but everything else is??

Sep 24, 2020
Hello,

So I have just changed out my power supply after the previous one not having enough wattage. When i turn on the pc everything lights up, fans, gpu, wifi module, and usb ports from the motherboard are active. However the motherboard doesnt light up at all, I am very confused and it doesnt display onto my monitor.

Please help, I think im at a dead end..

Solution
The gpu is fine, the problem is the motherboard not turning on. The gpu lights up and fans go

Then motherboard my have been damaged by failing/smoking PSU.

As for the GPU, I appreciate that it's fans work and it lights up, but that still doesn't prove that it's in full working order. You need to get a monitor signal from it to prove that. That's why I suggested you try it another PC to be 100% sure.
Jun 13, 2020
Hello,

So I have just changed out my power supply after the previous one not having enough wattage. When i turn on the pc everything lights up, fans, gpu, wifi module, and usb ports from the motherboard are active. However the motherboard doesnt light up at all, I am very confused and it doesnt display onto my monitor.

Please help, I think im at a dead end..
plug out everything and plug it again ... sometime it happens ... and also reset bios

The gpu is fine, the problem is the motherboard not turning on. The gpu lights up and fans go

As for the GPU, I appreciate that it's fans work and it lights up, but that still doesn't prove that it's in full working order. You need to get a monitor signal from it to prove that. That's why I suggested you try it another PC to be 100% sure.

Solution
Sep 24, 2020

Ok thankyou i will report back