Question Motherboard not recognizing RAM stick

Avillius

Reputable
May 15, 2017
Just today I noted that one of my RAM sticks was off-colored. I checked my task manager only to find out that I had half the memory that I normally would have running at half the minimum speed for DDR4. I tried using sysdm.cpl and msconfig, as well as tweaking things in my BIOS, all to no effect. This issue happened to me about a year and a half ago, and I resolved it but soon forgot how to. The issue is stick specific. Swapping their locations results in the same stick not being detected. However, I'm almost 100% sure the stick is not dead, as it is still appearing to be powered on. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 12, 2020
So I decided to swap my motherboard and cpu... first time pc turned on fine but cpu usage was at 100 when gaming. decided to check out the ram, after doing so my pc wouldn't turn on with 4 sticks, for some reason I can only get it to display the monitor when there is only two sticks of ram. each stick is 8gb. Trying to figure out why the first time it was running 32 and now it wont show display on monitor when i put in the 4 sticks of ram

Avillius

Reputable
May 15, 2017
doesnt change much, as long as it once worked (1st gen ryzen is picky on ram, so if it worked once it should always work)
and, any update on the reseeding?
My apologies for being inactive on this thread for so long, but I did reseed it, and the stick still isn't being noticed. [EDIT] At this point, I just removed the stick from my system. I still have it, though.

Last edited: