Motherboard not running PCI 2.0?

nutweave

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello, I have owned my motherboard for almost 5 years now. It is a Foxconn Flamingblade. The board is advertised as PCIe 2.0, but after running GPU-Z, it says it's running PCIe x16 1.1.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=motherboard&U=en-us0000459

That is a link to the motherboard. Under the BIOS it has a "PCIe Compatibility Mode" and the options of 1.0 and 1.1. Now I admit, I'm not the most adept person out there with computers. Am I missing something? Was I wrong in thinking this was a PCIe 2.0 board?

Solution
GPU-Z often shows the PCIe x16 as being 1.1 when the graphics card in the slot is idle (as the card reduces the link speed to save power). There's a little question mark next to where it says that the PCIe x16 is at 1.1; click it, and on the pop out is a button to start a render test. Do this, and hopefully GPU-Z will report the value accurately, and that 1.1 will turn into a 2.0.

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
GPU-Z often shows the PCIe x16 as being 1.1 when the graphics card in the slot is idle (as the card reduces the link speed to save power). There's a little question mark next to where it says that the PCIe x16 is at 1.1; click it, and on the pop out is a button to start a render test. Do this, and hopefully GPU-Z will report the value accurately, and that 1.1 will turn into a 2.0.

Solution