Motherboard not working with some GPUs

luiisangeel

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Hello, recently I got from a friend a 3770k + Intel DH77EB, he told me that when he wanted to use it with a rx 480 it didnt work (in the store they told him the mobo was old and the pci was incompatible, so he bought a 7700 + new mobo) So now I wanted to use it with my R9 270X (it works in my pc) and it doesnt work, the fans start spinning but no display. I went to my friend for his old gpu (a gtx 560) and it works??? I am no expert but the specs of the mobo say it has a pci 3.0 x16 so it shouldnt have a problem with newer cards?

Any idea of what its the problem? Is the pci broken?

Btw, the IGPU works, the 560 works, the 270X works. I have tried using the IGPU with both cards and with the 270X it doesnt even enter to the bios.

Thanks for the help! :)

Is that from Windows update application or from bios option? Cause its not recommended to use Windows update software,
Probably your motherboard is lacking bios update. But technically it should work without problem.

[strike]understand that you are experiencing problems updating the BIOS on your Intel(R) Desktop Board DZ77BH-55K.[/strike]

"Most likely the problem that you are experiencing is related to the big jump on the BIOS versions, at this point I recommend you to update to BIOS version 0083 via recovery method and then to the latest.

Here you can find the instructions on how to perform this procedure.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm?wapkw=bios+recovery

Regards.

PV" (This is from official Intel support)

Soo probably your bios is old and you are making huge jump in bios version, try this link and with your latest bios. It should work (hopefully :) )

luiisangeel

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

First I tried with the windows EXE but it just restart, and didnt turn on for about an hour(got scared lol). Then I tried with the BIOS F7 Flash Update (or something like that) from a USB and it starts but then throw that error "Flashing image..."
And yea I just checked the mobo has the oldest one (0053), do I need to install like 1 by 1? or should I try 3 by 3 xD

Thanks for the help! :)

luiisangeel

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

Dude thanks! I actually fkd up and use the latest (wanted to go 1 by 1) but it worked! LOL now the BIOS is updated and my R9 270X is working!!! Thank you so much

But after it updated I couldnt enter windows. I tried with my main HDD and it just throw a BSOD and windows repair doesnt help lol but since I was using a secondary HDD to test this rig (which gave the same windows problem) I just reinstalled windows and its working fine. Thanks for the help man :D