[SOLVED] Motherboard only detects 2 of 3 GPUs

DinoDinoo

Honorable
Jan 18, 2017
Hello everyone, any help would be amazing. So I was building a deep learning server and my motherboard doesn't detect all GPUs. I have tried everything, updating the BIOS, reinstalling the drivers, tried if every GPU works,...
Motherboard Gigabyte A320M-H
GPUs: 3×1060 3gbs

Solution
While I'm not seeing any direct conflicts, there may still be one. Remove the card installed in the top PCI-Ex1 slot and see if you still see two cards. If so, reinstall it and remove the card installed in the bottom PCI-Ex1 slot. If you still see two cards installed, then that is going to be the max that your system can support. If you find in either test that only one card shows up, then it would appear that the slot is shared and you need to remove that conflict.

-Wolf sends
Mar 11, 2020
your motherboard doesn't sound like it would be supporting more than two gpu's
specially that H letter which speaks volumes

for instance mainstream 1151 i9 motherboards all support only dual gpu

if you want a 3 way sli , maybe try a low end threadripper motherboard with sli

Wolfshadw

Titan
While I'm not seeing any direct conflicts, there may still be one. Remove the card installed in the top PCI-Ex1 slot and see if you still see two cards. If so, reinstall it and remove the card installed in the bottom PCI-Ex1 slot. If you still see two cards installed, then that is going to be the max that your system can support. If you find in either test that only one card shows up, then it would appear that the slot is shared and you need to remove that conflict.

-Wolf sends

Solution

DinoDinoo

Honorable
Jan 18, 2017
Ye

-Wolf sends
ah the motherboard doesn't support 3 gpus, my fault, thinking of changing it for a gigabyte b450 gaming x