[SOLVED] Motherboard or cpu fault?

Mar 9, 2021
Hi I recently bought an aorus x570 elite motherboard and a ryzen 5 5600x cpu I qflashed the board with no problem then installed with my existing memory and hard drive . The system ran for about 15 mins after I installed chipset drivers etc I then ran a game which crashed out to a white screen only solution was a hard reset but would no longer boot into windows several bsod critical error died, handled thread exception and another I don’t quite remember. So I tried to do a fresh install as going from intel to amd can cause such issues only problem is bsod keeps happening with only the memory and windows usb stick installed boots through the bios and loads to select os to set up then bsod no hdd installed just the usb stick I’m at a loss the only thing I see happening just before the bsod is the chassis fans slow then stop I tried disconnecting them but issue persists. Any experience this before? Also the bios optimised defaults have been loaded and no overclock was attempted As I don’t dabble in over clocking after a cycle loop though the bios message appears saying system failed to boot due to incorrect bios settings but the have been defaulted. Also I was running f33c bios and downgraded to f32 to see if that helped but I didn’t. So I put my old board back into the case until I find a soultion it’s running fine btw. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Solution
It could be a corrupted BIOS.
I would try installing BIOS F30 or F32 via Q-Flash without installing CPU, Memory and Graphics card...just with the PSU.
Hi I recently bought an aorus x570 elite motherboard and a ryzen 5 5600x cpu I qflashed the board with no problem then installed with my existing memory and hard drive . The system ran for about 15 mins after I installed chipset drivers etc I then ran a game which crashed out to a white screen only solution was a hard reset but would no longer boot into windows several bsod critical error died, handled thread exception and another I don’t quite remember. So I tried to do a fresh install as going from intel to amd can cause such issues only problem is bsod keeps happening with only the memory and windows usb stick installed boots through the bios and loads to select os to set up then bsod no hdd installed just the usb stick I’m at a loss the only thing I see happening just before the bsod is the chassis fans slow then stop I tried disconnecting them but issue persists. Any experience this before? Also the bios optimised defaults have been loaded and no overclock was attempted As I don’t dabble in over clocking after a cycle loop though the bios message appears saying system failed to boot due to incorrect bios settings but the have been defaulted. Also I was running f33c bios and downgraded to f32 to see if that helped but I didn’t. So I put my old board back into the case until I find a soultion it’s running fine btw. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
If you did not perform a clean Windows OS installation, that is the reason you are getting all those BSOD and errors.
When you swap a motherboard for a different model, a Windows 10 clean install is recommended.

Mar 9, 2021
If you did not perform a clean Windows OS installation, that is the reason you are getting all those BSOD and errors.
When you swap a motherboard for a different model, a Windows 10 clean install is recommended.
Hi DS-Tech thanks for the response using Corsair vengeance 3600 ram x16gb I have tried different slots and they work when I put them back in my old setup and a PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT psu is a Corsair 850w gold rated. As in the post I realised that I may need to do a fresh install but I can’t I used msofts media creation tool created a usb with a laptop I have and with nothing connected other than the gpu which I have since tried an old hd7870 which gives the same fault. I boot through bios and asks which windows version I want to install from the usb I select the x64 then the windows loading circle Goes round a few times then bsod no other forces or anything thing attached just critical error died. So it won’t even let me do a fresh install now. Also note when the boot loop happens the bios keeps saying that a setting caused a boot error but I had loaded fail safe and optimised settings to no avail.
Many thanks

Could you explain why you are not able to create a bootable Windows 10 installation media from the laptop?

Just follow these steps to create a working Windows 10 installation media on a USB flash drive.

Get a 8GB or larger USB flash drive.
Go to -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Click the Download tool now, under Create Windows 10 installation media.
Insert USB flash drive.
Run the media creation tool as administrator.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
Choose your language, Windows edition and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
Select the USB flash drive and click Next.
Windows installation media app will download and create the installation disk.
When done, click Finish.
Eject the USB flash drive.

Go to the computer where Windows will be installed.
Disconnect all disk and just leave the disk where Windows will be installed.
Plug the USB flash drive.
Boot from the USB installation disk.
On the "Windows Setup," click the Next button.
Click the Install now button.
On the Activation window, click I don't have a product key option click Next (activate Windows 10 when online) .
Select the edition of Windows 10 that matches the one you purchased and click the Next button.
Select the I accept the license terms option to continue.
Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) option.
Select and delete all partitions on the HDD or SSD. Until you are left with Drive 0 Unallocated Space
Select the empty drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space) and click the Next button.
The setup will proceed with a fresh installation of Windows 10.

Allow Windows 10 to update before installing any drivers, apps or changing any configuration.
Run Windows update manually to make sure all updates are installed.

Proceed to install chipset divers, the GPU drivers, then any other drivers if required.

Mar 9, 2021
Could you explain why you are not able to create a bootable Windows 10 installation media from the laptop?

Just follow these steps to create a working Windows 10 installation media on a USB flash drive.

Get a 8GB or larger USB flash drive.
Go to -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Click the Download tool now, under Create Windows 10 installation media.
Insert USB flash drive.
Run the media creation tool as administrator.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
Choose your language, Windows edition and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
Select the USB flash drive and click Next.
Windows installation media app will download and create the installation disk.
When done, click Finish.
Eject the USB flash drive.

Go to the computer where Windows will be installed.
Disconnect all disk and just leave the disk where Windows will be installed.
Plug the USB flash drive.
Boot from the USB installation disk.
On the "Windows Setup," click the Next button.
Click the Install now button.
On the Activation window, click I don't have a product key option click Next (activate Windows 10 when online) .
Select the edition of Windows 10 that matches the one you purchased and click the Next button.
Select the I accept the license terms option to continue.
Click on the Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced) option.
Select and delete all partitions on the HDD or SSD. Until you are left with Drive 0 Unallocated Space
Select the empty drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space) and click the Next button.
The setup will proceed with a fresh installation of Windows 10.

Allow Windows 10 to update before installing any drivers, apps or changing any configuration.
Run Windows update manually to make sure all updates are installed.

Proceed to install chipset divers, the GPU drivers, then any other drivers if required.
Hi Jojesa thanks for the response. I must not have explained correctly I have a bootable win 10 installation but when trying to boot from it it gets to the selection screen for x32 or x64 versions (cause for some reason I always create both) on the installation then goes Bsod when booting from it. It’s really weird. I think it’s between the board and the cpu that are at fault the board picks up the cpu and the temp o. The bios is stable as I said I have no overclocks as I do not get into that though was intending to pc the memory but never got round to it due to the bsod. Would doing a clr cmos on the board have any effect. I also opted that the chassis fans stop just prior to the bsod but disconnecting them makes no difference.

many thanks

...I have a bootable win 10 installation but when trying to boot from it it gets to the selection screen for x32 or x64 versions (cause for some reason I always create both) on the installation then goes Bsod when booting from it.
So the system BSOD before or after finishing the Windows installation?

It’s really weird. I think it’s between the board and the cpu that are at fault the board picks up the cpu and the temp o. The bios is stable as I said I have no overclocks as I do not get into that though was intending to pc the memory but never got round to it due to the bsod. Would doing a clr cmos on the board have any effect. I also opted that the chassis fans stop just prior to the bsod but disconnecting them makes no difference.

many thanks
  1. Power off computer, switch PSU to off and disconnect power cord.
  2. Press the power button for 15 seconds twice, to discharge the capacitors.
  3. Just leave the CPU, GPU and one RAM module on B2 or A2 slot.
4-Remove the CMOS battery and re insert it after 3-5 minutes.
5-Connect only the disk where installing Windows.
  1. Reconnect power cord, switch PSU to on and press power button (it could take up to 3 minutes for the BIOS to configure hardware).
  2. At the AUROS logo, press the F12 key to get into the Boot menu.
  3. Select the USB flash drive.
  4. Perform a clean Windows installation.
  5. Allow Windows 10 to update before installing any drivers, apps or changing any configuration.

Mar 9, 2021
So the system BSOD before or after finishing the Windows installation?

1. Power off computer, switch PSU to off and disconnect power cord.
  2. Press the power button for 15 seconds twice, to discharge the capacitors.
  3. Just leave the CPU, GPU and one RAM module on B2 or A2 slot.
4-Remove the CMOS battery and re insert it after 3-5 minutes.
5-Connect only the disk where installing Windows.
  1. Reconnect power cord, switch PSU to on and press power button (it could take up to 3 minutes for the BIOS to configure hardware).
  2. At the AUROS logo, press the F12 key to get into the Boot menu.
  3. Select the USB flash drive.
  4. Perform a clean Windows installation.
  5. Allow Windows 10 to update before installing any drivers, apps or changing any configuration.
Hi I will try that tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Answer to your question about before or after windows installation it happens before the install I select the x64 version then the aorus logo with the windows circle spinning then bsod the only component plugged I. Is the usb stick.

thanks for the input

Mar 9, 2021
I have 2400mhz ram and it does the same thing bsod as I said I was trying this over the weekend I have since reverted to my old intel set up and the new ram runs fine in it. I can’t get my head round the fans on the chassis cutting just prior to the bsod as they system sits on the screen and then reboots to the Bios with a message saying boot error settings in bios incorrect then offer to load defaults which it does but just does the same thing again on retry.
Thanks

... it happens before the install I select the x64 version then the aorus logo with the windows circle spinning then bsod the only component plugged I. Is the usb stick.

thanks for the input
Before starting the Windows install, you must have a disk connected to install the OS.
If you have a disk connected, and the installation doe not even start, then try another USB flash drive.

Mar 9, 2021
I’ll try that tomorrow it it’s grange it gives the same critical error process died bsod.

thanks for your help too late to start tonight will let u know how I get on tomorrow.

thanks for the input

Mar 9, 2021
Guys thanks a lot for your help but I have literally tried everything from 7.30 this morning and this thing ain’t playing ball. I reverted back to lowest bios the cpu would take and still stuck in no boot loop and no reinstall loop. Also the bios now resets itself every reboot even though the clear cmos has been done and load defaults also keeps saying I enabled the lan pxe rom which is disabled by default and I did not touch it so I think something is wrong on the board. But thanks to all of you for your help just one more question was going to go for a b55o board the strix gaming f would this be a suitable combo for the 5600x?

Mar 9, 2021
Ok so now I’m really stumped returned the aorus board. Got the rig strix b550 f gaming bios flash backed the bios for latest s ryzen support. Popped in my windows usb drive which I test sed by reinstalling on my laptop and still bsod with the usb drive and only one m.2 drive installed I did mem test and memory is fine I know the m.2 drive is fine because I reinstall in my old rig and works fine. Is it that the usb was not created with a gtp Partition or is it my ryzen 5600x that’s faulty. I’ve built a few systems over my time but this has got me stumped.

Many thanks is advance.