[SOLVED] Motherboard or CPU problem ?

Dec 1, 2020
Hi, recently I've bought all components to build a pc. I've made sure to check every single connection but when I turn on everything looks fine but nothing happends.
No monitor signal and just DRAM yellow ligth in motherboard.
I've tested all RAM slots with one and two memory sticks, different RAM(works in my orher pc) even no RAM and yellow light is still there.
I've checked CPU and pins looks perfect.
I don't have any other cpu to check so i don't know if it's CPU or motherboard problem.

Components are:
  • ASUS Tuf gaming x570 plus
  • AMD Ryzen 5600x
  • Corsair Vengance LPX 4000mhz 2x8Gb (CMK16GX4M2K4000C19)
  • Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury
  • EVGA supernova 750watt 80 gold
  • Noctua nh-d12s
  • NVMe M.2 WD_BLACK sn850
  • NVMe M.2 Crucial P5
*Sorry if I write a lot it's my first time.
*If I have mistakes sorry, I'm from Spain.

UPDATE 03/12/2020 ! (DD/MM/YYYY)

I've cleared CMOS and I've tried with new RAM that are on QVL and still the same problem....

What should I do ? I'm friking out

Last edited:
Solution
I thougth that If don't appear you can use it but not on their frequency 😓

Thank you so much !

Sometimes that is true but there is more to it than that.
The IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) on the chip is what ultimately determines the acceptable frequency.
It's always best to select a KIT of RAM that have been tested and known to work from the MB Manufacturers QVL.
Your issue is with RAM and Post cycle will not continue till the issue is fixed.
Your MB supports up to 5100MHz OC RAM so no problems there.

Ryzen 5600X officially supports DDR4- 3200MHz so 4000Mhz will take considerable manipulation of DRAM Timing control to get them to work. They may not work and it really depends on the Chips IMC (Integrated Memory Controller).

You should return what you have and choose a kit (2x8) at 3200MHz and also update your Bios to latest version.
There are no Corsair CMK series RAM kits listed on the MB QVL so your kit is untested.

Here is your QVL and it is from this list you should choose your kit:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...for_AMD_Ryzen_5000_Series_Processors_X570.pdf

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020
Your issue is with RAM and Post cycle will not continue till the issue is fixed.
Your MB supports up to 5100MHz OC RAM so no problems there.

Ryzen 5600X officially supports DDR4- 3200MHz so 4000Mhz will take considerable manipulation of DRAM Timing control to get them to work. They may not work and it really depends on the Chips IMC (Integrated Memory Controller).

You should return what you have and choose a kit (2x8) at 3200MHz and also update your Bios to latest version.
I've tested G.Skill ripjaws 2400mhz and I have the same problem... Yellow light turns on inmediatly

Dec 1, 2020
I just edited my last post!!
Do the G.Skill Ripjaws appear on the QVL?
If a kit of RAM is changed you should clear CMOS to ensure Bios is brought back to default.
Your latest Bios is 2816 for improved DRAM compatibility. (Important)
G.Skill and Corsair both don't appear in QVL...
I will clear CMOS and I will test G.skill again if It doesn't work I'll buy a new kit.

Thank you so much !

Thank you so much !

The IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) on the chip is what ultimately determines the acceptable frequency.
It's always best to select a KIT of RAM that have been tested and known to work from the MB Manufacturers QVL.

Reactions: Y0s3p
Solution
Dec 1, 2020
I did't know that !
Thank you so much 😁
I've just order a PATRIOT PVB416G400C9K that appear in QVL so I hope works