Motherboard or CPU

Trevor Simpson

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Started my PC build with components recommended by a friend. Unfortunately I hit the first snag.

The MB is Asus H97M-E with an Intel LGA1150 socket and the CPU is an AMD A10-6800K Black Edition with FM2 socket !!

I really wanted the AMD for the Eyefintiy support (up to 3 monitors) as I'm heavily into graphic design and CAD

But I also love the MB multi-media spec etc.

So my question is this.

Do I change the motherboard or the CPU? What equivalent CPU or motherboards are out there?

Thanks in advance

TS

Solution
i still suggest a better cpu ....amd hybrid crossfire is useless and mean a lot of compatibility issues
usually is better to go with nvidia hybrid SLI anyway because of the NVIDIA PhysX
just keep the r9 285 and upgrade the cpu

Trevor Simpson

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks badboyrog2, I'll try to give some more details to see if it helps.

The AMD CPU has an IGP (HD8670D 844MHz Core Speed) which is why it had Eyefinity and Hybrid Crossfire Capability I assume. I really want this for my work-stream on graphic design etc.

I also have a PowerColor AMD Radeon R9 285 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card which I understood is also Hybrid Crossfire ready too.

So I might be answering my own question here but maybe I ought to look again at the motherboard with an FM2 socket.

Cheers

TS

Trevor Simpson

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks. Looks like some more research is needed before I get there. I'll post my solution once I find it.