motherboard or cpu

Jeremy Klamer

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
hey guys i have a gaming computer set up for my son that i built 3-4 years ago. i upgraded so he got my old one. it has an amd fx-8350 cpu and a gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p. Friday night it worked fine, cut it off and turned it on saturday morning and it was in a boot loop... it would go to the bios screen and then to a gigabyte uefi dual bios screen then it would restart and repeat. it will not allow you to go into the bios and it will not allow you to go to one time boot menu.. i tested the power supply and it tested fine, put a different GPU in it and same thing, only thing left now is the mobo and cpu.. im leaning more towards mobo, BUT, i noticed the fan on my coolermaster hyper evo 212 wasnt spinning all the time and it worried me.. i dunno if it was because the computer wasnt powering on all the way or if it was because it wasnt getting past the bios screen or what, but it kind of freaked me out and made me think the cpu could be bad... what do you guys think?

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
IF the CPU was dead you would not get into bios.. I would check in bios if it still sees the SSD / HDD as it sounds more like the Drive that has windows on it is not working. As for the fan on your CPU not spinning all the time it could be the can is dieing OR maybe the setting in bios / UEFI is set to allow the fan to run at a slow speed... too slow for it to work.

Jeremy Klamer

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
unfortunately it wont let me in bios or anything...when it gets to the bios screen, no matter what option i pick, it is unresponsive and goes to the gigabyte uefi dual bios screen and then restarts