Motherboard or HD

bearzy32

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Hello,

I have a system that has been giving me a lot of problems. I am currently on a Asus Striker II Forumla,Intel Q9450, Mushkin 8GB of RAM, BFG 260 and most recently a OCZ Vertex 3 SSD(along with a antec 1200 case and 1000W Antec PS)

Since getting my SSD last year(and I presume it is my SSD) my computer does a tone of crazy things that I cannot understand.

At Logon - sometimes my keyboard takes minutes to type, and other times it shows up right away but it then sits at a black screen waiting for windows to load. I have also lost my keyboard in windows, and unplug and plug back for it to be operational

I seem to freeze/entirely lock up during web browsing, but never during a video game.(which leads me to believe its not heat) I do have a spare MOBO and HD(but no thermal paste and remover atm) I will be trying, but I would a second opinion on the matter and perhaps some advice.

Best thing I can think of is RMA the Vertex and try spare HD on that MOBO. If that continues to fail then try to spare MOBO?

Cheers,

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
You could have a problem with the SSD, if you still have the hard drive i'd try that again and see if it fixes the problem. If it continues though, i'd try a spare power supply if you got one to see if that fixes the problem. You could have also zapped something when installing the SSD. Static shock is never good and could be causing your instability.