Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Computer specs.
GTX 780
I7 processor
8GB ram
SSD and HDD
CX 600 PCU

So I have been having issues with this computer since I sent it over seas to where I currenty living. I can get it to work every so often. However sometimes it will shut down and then I won't get any signal from my HDD red light on the top of the computer. And when I do have it working I get the power down noise but the computer stays on. If I plug the power cable all the way into the mobo. I can only get power on my PCU/fans and GPU also the HDD/SSD work but there is no signal on my computer. However If I plug the cable into the mobo about half way and play around with it until I get it in the right balance I can get the computer working. However it always makes shut down noises and if it goes off or gets knocked it tends to turn off again.

I have tried the PCU paperclip test to get a rough idea on my PCU. The results were that the PCU turned on. The HDD booted up however there was no power to the rest of my computer, the power button wasn't on and not all the fans were turned on. I have replaced the GPU, changed the RAM. When I remove the ram I do not get a POST beep. I have removed everything like harddrives and I cannot get a POST beep or even get anything on my screen. If I put the PCU cable in the mobo at a certain angle I can get the HDD red light to come up..however half the fans won't turn on and my computer still doesn't power on but the power button lights up.

I think the issue is either with the motherboard or PCU but I am not completely sure as I don't have a spare PCU on hand at the moment.

shioonlol

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
I think it has something to do with that as well, however the pins seem straight and nothing is missing. But I dont think it's the mobo itself. Since I managed to get it working again after moving the 24 pin in a certain place and got it working for over 24 hours...Though I haven't had that luck again. Will get a new PCU soon to test to see if it is the issue or not.

TRENDING THREADS