Motherboard or Power Supply

LargeMarge1234

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just built my new system and while playing a game, the system restarted and said, Asus surge protection detect a surge. It has done this a few times unitl I flashed to a new bios which seemed to work but four days later it did it again. I have done some research and some say it is a faulty power supply. I did the different power socket, checked the volts and temps and everything looks fine. Ran a stress test and it did fine. Some say Asus software is just really sensitive and to turn off the surge protector. I might just RMA it back to Corsair to get another one. Any thoughts?
Specs:
i3 4330
Asus Z87-A
8 gig Corsair Ram
Tx 650 Corsair PS
120 SSD Samsung
1 terabyte WD
7850 Asus 2g GPU

Solution
Corsair are known to make reliable PSU's, that said there is a chance that it can be faulty. If the motherboard can detect a surge then it has to be from the power supply, If a component had a surge there is a possibility that the computer wouldn't pick it up but this is from the main power supply. i would replace the PSU and get another one because your current one appears to be faulty. I would only say get corsair or Antec PSU's but your PSU should still be under warranty and so it should be fine. Corsair are reliable but you can be unlucky sometimes.
Corsair are known to make reliable PSU's, that said there is a chance that it can be faulty. If the motherboard can detect a surge then it has to be from the power supply, If a component had a surge there is a possibility that the computer wouldn't pick it up but this is from the main power supply. i would replace the PSU and get another one because your current one appears to be faulty. I would only say get corsair or Antec PSU's but your PSU should still be under warranty and so it should be fine. Corsair are reliable but you can be unlucky sometimes.

Solution

LargeMarge1234

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, that is what I was figuring. I think I just got unlucky this round. I saw others who have had this issue too when searching around the internet. Maybe a bad lot number. I'll wait to hear back from Corsair. Thanks!

Only thing you can do is replace the PSU, it will unfortunately be unfixable but it will defiantly be covered under warranty. If you know how to install a PSU then it should be easy for you.