Question Motherboard or Power Supply?

May 22, 2019
So I was cleaning out my computer and removing dust from around the PSU and unknowingly started unplugging stuff from the power supply thinking it was disconnected. The power supply was already due for upgrade since it’s been having issues but since that happened I can’t get the computer to start. What happens when I press the button is the computer fans like the cpu start for a split second then go off. The LED on the Mobo is green and staying on so idek if that’s the issue. I’ve used a different power supply that was a lower wattage but had only one stick of ram, the cpu and hard drive in and it would do the same thing but it did start up completely once but once I went to swap things around it went back to flashing on then off immediately. I’m not really trying to get this build working again even though if it’s possible that would be great. I just need help figuring out which I have to buy

Motherboard is a Asus P8H61 Pro

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU?

On another note, like pretty much every other guide out there on the www, you should always unplug from the main outlet after powering down and then disconnect all leads inside the system. You might also want to include the donor PSU you used to try and revive the system.

Ditto what was said above, but also... Are you using a GPU or integrated graphics? If you have a dedicated GPU, try one of two things. Use it in a working pc and see if it works. Or, take it out and use the integrated graphics. When you pulled it out while it still had power, you may have shorted something. It is m

May 22, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU?

On another note, like pretty much every other guide out there on the www, you should always unplug from the main outlet after a powering down and then disconnect all leads inside the system. You might also want to include the donor PSU you used to try and revive the system.
CPU: i7 forgot which one exactly
Motherboard: Asus P8H61 Pro
Ram: 2 4gb Adata
SSD/HDD: 1Tb WD
GPU: XFX 7770
PSU: Dynex 550
Chassis:explain lol

The extra PSU was a Ac Bel 350 wattage. And yea I just completely forgot to check and started unplugging so definitely my fault

May 22, 2019
Ditto what was said above, but also... Are you using a GPU or integrated graphics? If you have a dedicated GPU, try one of two things. Use it in a working pc and see if it works. Or, take it out and use the integrated graphics. When you pulled it out while it still had power, you may have shorted something. It is m
I’m using a GPU. I’m thinking the same but also want to exclude other things. PSU is an easy buy

Well it's good that it's on. Turn it off again (and unplug the PSU 😂) then try the original ram and the original PSU, but leave the GPU out still. If it works again, you use an old one you might have elsewhere or borrow one from a friend. This is to check to ensure there is no damage in the pci-e port. It's best to try the free options before having to buy anything.

May 22, 2019
Well it's good that it's on. Turn it off again (and unplug the PSU 😂) then try the original ram and the original PSU, but leave the GPU out still. If it works again, you use an old one you might have elsewhere or borrow one from a friend. This is to check to ensure there is no damage in the pci-e port. It's best to try the free options before having to buy anything.
Update again😂
So I got the computer up and running with intergraded graphics, hard drive, the 350 power supply and both ram sticks in. The power supply won’t allow me to use the GPU since it dosnt have the correct pins

May 22, 2019
You might try that again but with the original PSU. If that works, add the GPU, and then if it fails, you can be sure the problem is either the GPU or the PCI-E slot that it plugs into
Ok will do that when I work up the courage lol. My only confusion is when I did this last night (get the computer to run) did the whole putting the GPU in with the ram and old power supply, it didnt work went back to shutting off after a few seconds but when I went back to what worked with the lower wattage PSU it also did the same thing with not booting. It only started booting after I was switching back and fourth between the two all morning. I also pulled the battery from MoBo to reset it. Could that also be a reason why it was starting to boot and shutting off immediately before I added back in the PSU? That would make putting in the old PSU a little easy on me