GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Platinum 650W
CPU: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz
Motherboard: Asus Prime z370-p
Memory: 2xHyperX DDR4 8GB 2666MHz
SSD: Kingston 240GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate 7200RPM

So i got a weird problem.
I bought new components to my PC, new cpu,psu and memory.
And i installed them to my pc yesterday and everything worked fine until today i got BSOD after playing PUBG couple hours.
I got error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
after that my pc restarted normally and i tought that maybe it was just some random error happening and started playing pubg again. So i got to play pubg something like 10 min and i get the bsod again with same error.
After second bsod my computer didnt display anything to my monitor.
Everything seemed to work normally in pc (all fans spinned, psu didnt peep any error codes) but i didnt just get any display on my monitor.
So i started to troubleshoot the problem and tried some things from different forum threads.

Things i tried:

- Clear CMOS (removed battery and connected pins.) after doing this i started to get display for few minutes/seconds before freezing.
- Removed my GPU and tried with mobos integrated gpu (no chance)
- Checked all the cables were connected properly. (nothing)
- Tried with only one memory stick (nothing)

So i tried all the basic stuff and only thing what happened was i got display sometimes few second and sometimes couple minutes before display freezing.
So after all this stuff i did i started to google more stuff from internet and after 10-15min i fired up my pc again and it worked normally. It booted normally to windows and display was working again.
So i ran some memory test and disk error checks to make sure those things were working without errors and they did.

So im pretty confused what might have cause this. Can it be just faulty motherboard or psu? or can it even be bios update that i did?
I would appreciate very much if someone could tell what is the problem and how could i fix this.

Thank you.

santtu.boman

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017

Temperatures are not a problem. ive checked them many times and all looks fine.
But i have might found more lead to this problem.
Today i tried decided to stress test my system with aida64.
So i ran test like 5 minutes and then screen goes orange/blackish and after a while it comes back to normal and the test keeps going on besides that my GPU usage is 0% and it seems like it stops stressing it.
So i checked event viewer and found out that its giving me a warning that says "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
So i tried couple basic fixes. Uninstalling driver and installing newest drivers but that didnt do nothing.
And i also updated my bios again today to the newest verison which was released 2 days ago.
So im thinking can it be my GPU causing all this crashing/unstableness or can it still be faulty motherboard.
Because sometimes when i use my GPU (GTX 1060) it works fine, even in games and then it can suddenly just throw bsod and not work anymore for while.
So im using now my mobos integrated graphic card and see if this works fine. I liked to use aida64 stress test but im afraid i might burn this mobos integrated graphic card if i do so. So is there anyway how to test system stableness without stress testing or is it fine to stress test system with mobos graphic card?

Ps. event viewer also gives me error where it says "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID " can this be some kinda problem too?

santtu.boman

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Ok little update.
I just used integrated graphic card and it stil crashes. Got blue screen and error WHEA_UNCORRETABLE_ERROR.
So is it safe to say that this motherboard is faulty?
Im gonna trie one more thing before using warranty and it is. Using motherboards integrated graphic card with my cpu,psu and only one stick of ram. So i can make it sure that it aint memory problem. Even though i doubt it very highly.

Latest posts