I have a friend that had his motherboard recently replaced because it had some issues, and this one that he had installed (yeah it's prebuilt, if I was around I would have built it for him but I wasn't, and he was tight on time) overheats to around 120c instantly on startup, all the other components are chillin', the case fans are going, I think the voltages might be a bit high but I don't think that's it, thermal paste is there n good. No clue why it is overheating like that, my best guess is that the sensor is broken, but the issue is, the PC keeps on restarting/shutting down, I think because it thinks it's at high temperatures. If you guys think it's a faulty sensor, is there any way to disable it so it doesn't restart the PC randomly? Any thoughts on what might be causing the heat if not?
specs n temps.