Motherboard overheating. Need solutions.

mahathir.the.great

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Why is my Motherboard's temperature over 117 degrees? At the moment it is at 120 degrees Celsius.
I confirmed this using both SpeedFan and Speccy. It seems that the temperatures for the rest is alright, CPU is at 35 degrees, sometimes capping at 45 and GPU(GTX 1050Ti) is at 30-35. This is confusing me and scaring me. I have a fan running at 1200 RPM. Could someone please help me out?

Any helpful ideas/solution would be appreciated :D
jy2DY

https://imgur.com/a/jy2DY <-- heres the screenshot showing my specs and temps.

Solution
I agree that it's probably an unreliable sensor.
Asus_H81_M-_K.jpg
I'd feel the marked area as well as that square gold thing which is a passive cooler that helps to cool your Southbridge.

That's one negative users have to deal with when they buy budget boards. They usually have minimal cooling resulting in slightly higher temps. but not 117C. My board is just above a budget board but it at least has an extra heatsink(big blue thing next to CPU socket). It's a Z97 PCMate
91Cw0igi5OL._SL1500_.jpg
so the manufacturer know the user probably intends to overclock so cooling is usually better.

I know my motherboard isn't 114C or 125C...

Seems to be a bugged sensor. No way it's 120c.

I agree that it's probably an unreliable sensor.
Asus_H81_M-_K.jpg
I'd feel the marked area as well as that square gold thing which is a passive cooler that helps to cool your Southbridge.

That's one negative users have to deal with when they buy budget boards. They usually have minimal cooling resulting in slightly higher temps. but not 117C. My board is just above a budget board but it at least has an extra heatsink(big blue thing next to CPU socket). It's a Z97 PCMate
91Cw0igi5OL._SL1500_.jpg
so the manufacturer know the user probably intends to overclock so cooling is usually better.

I know my motherboard isn't 114C or 125C.
Asus_H81_M-_K.png

I can feel my heatsinks and tell that the sensor is either absent or returning a erroneous reading. Be very careful if you do touch those parts. If it's really that hot you can feel the heat radiating before you touch it.

Solution

mahathir.the.great

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

It seems the heat is not radiating at all. The sensor is definitely bugged.

Good :D