[SOLVED] Motherboard overheating

May 21, 2020
Hey, yesterday i started up speccy and i noticed something weird. My mytherboard was on 130 °C. I dont now why because my motherboard was usually on 60°C. Anyone who knows what is happening or know how to solve it?

Solution
Are you 100% sure, right? I am scared of letting it be
Like I said in the post above if its 130 degree, your board wont be booting...it's not possible.
If you're concerned about the temps of your chipset you can remove the little heat-sink, maybe apply thermal compound (thermalpad) on the chip and place the heat-sink back again.
If the heat-sink is not even warm means 2 things.... either its not contacting properly with the chipset and cannot dissipate heat... or it's contacting okay and just the chipset itself is cool.
If you're concerned you can try that... or even removing it completely and replacing it with different one (even one with a fan), but if you're not careful you might damage your board.
Usually those measures are...
Well i guess the sensor is faulty...
If you're really concerned about it.. you can try touching (with care),
the little heat-sink under the blue PCI-E slot... and see if it's burning hot...
1024.png

If you want to go even further you can buy yourself a chip-set cooler
493d6a0014a43942a9602739ba0ba15e

1PCS-45-45-12mm-Aluminium-Heatsink-font-b-Cooler-b-font-40x10mm-Fan-For-PC-Computer.jpg

Are you 100% sure, right? I am scared of letting it be
Like I said in the post above if its 130 degree, your board wont be booting...it's not possible.
If you're concerned about the temps of your chipset you can remove the little heat-sink, maybe apply thermal compound (thermalpad) on the chip and place the heat-sink back again.
If the heat-sink is not even warm means 2 things.... either its not contacting properly with the chipset and cannot dissipate heat... or it's contacting okay and just the chipset itself is cool.
If you're concerned you can try that... or even removing it completely and replacing it with different one (even one with a fan), but if you're not careful you might damage your board.
Usually those measures are taken when your motherboard reading are high... but the heatsink is cold on touching, but in your case your readings are impossible so.... it can be either way.

Solution
May 21, 2020
Usually those measures are taken when your motherboard reading are high... but the heatsink is cold on touching, but in your case your readings are impossible so.... it can be either way.

Ok, Thank you so much :)