Question Motherboard Ports issues not respond after a while - HELP!

Mar 22, 2022
Hello,
I've been having an issue where after i open the computer the keyboard and mouse will work for some seconds and then not respond to anything. The rbgs of both are ON but they do not respond to clicks nor mouse movement. Uplug and plug does the same thing, on any port. Same with audio. Before this i had some windows problems that i mention here(random shutdown and sleep). The PC is two months new, i don't get why this happens. Would it be the motherboard? does it need replacement?

(btw the same happens in bios, input devices just stop responding after some time. I have to plug and unplug every 5sec to make things done)

EDIT1: The problem doesn't occur so much anymore. The "ikhq" keys are being pressed randomly along with windows key, without me doing anything, even with unplugged keyboard. I disabled windows key for now.

EDIT2: Done stress tests on cpu and gpu to see if it is overheating or power issue but it performed normally.

EDIT3: It also at random times blue screen with text in middle appears saying shutting down or sleep. Waiting for it to happen again and check the event viewer to find the reason.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022
What are the specs of the PC? what power supply do you have?
it happening in bios means its not windows to blame.

PC came with a trash psu which i remove the first day and replaced with BeQuiet Power9 600W

Ryzen 5 5600G
MSI A520 PRO
2x8GB
2x120gb ssd
1x240gb nvm2

Additionally the problem has stopped since yesterday but some "not responding" still happening sometimes. I noticed that if i leave my pc idle on an empty txt it will type random letters randomly without me on the keyboard.

Mar 22, 2022
I didn't do any updates other than the windows. I did them now. Still happens. When pc boots both keyboard and mouse rgb are on but the mouse isn't showing on the screen nor on the device manager until i unplug and plug.
I also installed PowerToys and disabled the windows button because when it presses keys it does multiple shortcuts with it and makes a mess.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
EDIT3: It also at random times blue screen with text in middle appears saying shutting down or sleep. Waiting for it to happen again and check the event viewer to find the reason.
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

try a clean boot and see if it still types by itself - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Reactions: pavlosb
Mar 22, 2022
The issue has stopped happening for days now after i did the new windows update, changed mouse, did a disk check and fixed some corrupted file. I don't know which fixed it but it doesn't bug not once now. Incase i didn't mention this started after a windows update, and could probably been that corrupted file.