[SOLVED] Motherboard possibly broken after cleaning pc

Feb 25, 2021
I was just getting my machine clean of the dust - everything worked normally before. Now i putted it back together plugged it into monitor through display port - no signal. Then i tried DVI which goes straight into graphics card and i booted normally to windows. I went for a quick benchmark and cpu + RAM are not working properly they have like 5% output only. So i am thinking that something happened to motherboard, but i can get to windows and there is no error code on it. But anything i connect (display port, usb etc. doesnt work) Should i just try to reinstall the msi driver for the motherboard or what could be the issue here? Thanks for any help.

Solution
Take your MB out of the case, hard reset the bios (clear CMOS jumper - short circuit it for 5-6 sec.), connect a monitor direct to the HDMI or DP port of the motherboard (not to the video card), take out your power unit (source), plug it in the MB and start the mother board from the jumper (power on jumper) by short-connecting the 2 pins of the jumper (must be in the JFP1 or JFP2 groups). If you obtain an image on the screen - OK! Proceed with the video card check.
If not observe the error code on the MB (on 88 display) and contact the MSI or the retailer support telling them the whole story (except the cleaning episode :) ) and demand the guarantee. Nobody, except of the producer can fully check a motherboard. Good luck. Next time...
Feb 25, 2021
Processor - Intel Core I7 8700K
Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 TI
Motherboard - Z 370 Gaming M5 (MS 7B58)
RAM - Kingston Hyper X 2400 - 4x8GB
SSD - Intel 660 p NVME PCiE M.2 1TB

Feb 25, 2021
Update - Now i cant even get to windows even through DVI - It just says DVI No signal, Display port No signal.

Update 2 - Motherboard now shows 2 error signals - code 55 and 30 - msi says 55 is problem with memory and 30 is something with bios, i am getting kinda desperate.

Feb 25, 2021
Take your MB out of the case, hard reset the bios (clear CMOS jumper - short circuit it for 5-6 sec.), connect a monitor direct to the HDMI or DP port of the motherboard (not to the video card), take out your power unit (source), plug it in the MB and start the mother board from the jumper (power on jumper) by short-connecting the 2 pins of the jumper (must be in the JFP1 or JFP2 groups). If you obtain an image on the screen - OK! Proceed with the video card check.
If not observe the error code on the MB (on 88 display) and contact the MSI or the retailer support telling them the whole story (except the cleaning episode :) ) and demand the guarantee. Nobody, except of the producer can fully check a motherboard. Good luck. Next time when you want to "clean" your computer, wear a discharge bracelet.

Solution

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
If not observe the error code on the MB (on 88 display) and contact the MSI support telling them the whole story (except the cleaning episode :) ) and demand the guarantee. Nobody, except of the producer can fully check a motherboard. Good luck. Next time when you want to "clean" your computer, wear a discharge bracelet.
Z370 and guarantee. It must have been more than 2 years..

And cleaning the computer that thoroughly is a bad idea.