Motherboard Post's But No Video Or Peripherals

TwistedSlink

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hi, I recently acquired an Asus p8h61 rev 1.00. I paired the system with an i5 2500 and I cannot get the system to display any video. Here is what I tried...

-reset CMOS multiple times
-Reseated memory multiple times and cleaned with contact cleaner
And the memory is working as I tested it on another pc.
-Tried turning the pc on without RAM
-tried multiple graphics cards which all work as I tested it on another pc.
-i have checked the pins for damage or if they are broken and they seem to appear ok apart from 1 pin which is higher than the rest.
- I have also reseated all cables and tried booting it without a hardrive
- I've also tried holding the power button for 30 secs but to no avail.
- also my PSU doesn't have switching power options so it's constantly on 240V which is the voltage where I live. And it's confirmed working as I have tested it on another computer.
- I have also tried the motherboard using a 3rd gen celeron and an i5 3570 but to no avail.

It turns on but it doesn't display a signal. It doesn't restart over and over again. It remains on until I turn it off.
Out of note my mouse does seem to flash once as it boots but doesn't stay on for more than a second at most.

I cannot diagnose any beep codes as my motherboard doesn't have a pc speaker. I also can't use the onboard graphics as the motherboard doesn't have a video out strangely.

I seem to be at a dead end. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Without display out nor beep codes, how are you determining that the system has indeed posted?
With no video out and no power to peripherals, I see no indication of a successful post, only of power being received.

Unfortunately, only the 2500 is definitively compatible. IvyBridge Celerons and the i5-3570 were not supported out of the box, they needed a BIOS update.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61/HelpDesk_CPU/

Do you know for sure that the i5-2500 is working?