Question Motherboard potentially fried/ USB & GPU not powering and displaying image

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
I have a prebuilt Inspiron 3847 from 2013 and I upgraded the processor from an i5 4440 to a i7 4790, added 2x8 sticks of ddr3 1600 MHz ram, put a new cpu cooler in, and a new power supply with some more storage.

I have recently bought a H17 Versa Thermaltake windowless case to make it go further and in the process of building it, I placed my motherboard on the carpet, while having socks on and everything, and installed everything in the new case.

The problem is, I get no usb power and I don’t get and display output from my GTX 1060 and I’m honestly scared, I took out the battery thing and placed it in a few minutes later and I tried moving around things but all I could get to work is the fans, when it didn’t work in the new case I switched everything back to the old one and no luck, same thing happened, if I can get any help at all I would be very very thankful!

Diddly

Distinguished
  1. try resetting the BIOS back to defaults - use the "clear the CMOS jumper" if there is one.
  2. if that doesn't work, remove the new 2x8 sticks and try again.
  3. try removing the GPU and attach the monitor to the motherboard video output.

I doubt you fried it, but as you know you should always earth yourself before touching the pc internals. Best to get a wrist earth strap in future. Good luck

Dell fits perfectly in new case, all standoffs aligned perfectly?

Do a breadboard thing: Pop Mobo over carboard and attempt to boot into BIOS with minimum.

Needless to say the i7 uses the same socket type as Mobo's requires, Ram Type also what Mobo demands?