[SOLVED] Motherboard potentially going out ?

Jan 30, 2022
I want to preface this with saying that I have limited pc knowledge, so I don't know how well I did on my assessment.

I have a TUF Gamer x570-Plus (WiFi) and installed it about 7mo ago (purchased new). Recently I was having some intermittent bluetooth connectivity issues, but most of the time it would eventually connect or a restart would get it working right away. Last week I completely lost bt, was working in the morning and by the afternoon it was just gone. No bt on/off toggle, no drivers, running troubleshooter said there was no bt capability at all.

I've checked BIOS, bt is enabled, BIOS is also up to date. When I install drivers, they don't show up in device manager so I don't know if they are even installing? Windows is up to date, bt is also enabled under run > services.msc. I reached out to support and I seem to cover all my bases but not sure if there is potentially something else? They escalated the case and I'm waiting to hear back now.

A couple other things, when the bt went out the rgb on my ram turned red, I don't know if that could be related? Also most recently, and most concerning is that my pc will no longer go into sleep/hibernate mode. When I set it to sleep/hibernate the pc almost fires up like when you first turn it on, and it stays running for about 2-3 minutes and then just shuts off. Screens will go to sleep right away, but pc seems like it's working on something and then just shuts off on it own.

Any help appreciated thank you

Solution
When I install drivers, they don't show up in device manager so I don't know if they are even installing?
windows wouldn't let you install drivers if it can't see the hardware, so something seems to work.

BT & WIFI are on same Intel chip on MB, so if WIFI works, BT should as well.
Have you checked WiFi? I assume you have the antennae attached

See if this helps sleep:
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups...

Colif

Win 11 Master
When I install drivers, they don't show up in device manager so I don't know if they are even installing?
windows wouldn't let you install drivers if it can't see the hardware, so something seems to work.

See if this helps sleep:
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

have you run the update function in Armory Crate to see if any newer drivers for your motherboard?
checked you have newest BIOS?

Solution
Jan 30, 2022

See if this helps sleep:

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

have you run the update function in Armory Crate to see if any newer drivers for your motherboard?
checked you have newest BIOS?

Hey so yea the antenna is connected and I am able to connect to networks via wifi. After the bt disappeared I did try disconnecting it and reconnecting it once in case maybe there was a bad connection but that didn't fix anything either. As far as installing the drivers I was sent a link direct via ASUS support, and when I run the setup a black window pops up and runs several lines of text and closes but happens faster than I can read them, screen refreshes a couple times and then that's it. After running the setup I go into check the drivers but still they don't show up.

I'm not sure what armory crate is, but I'll do some searching into that thanks. BIOS was updated to the most current version a couple days ago, I believe it is version 4022 also provided to me by the ASUS support.

Will definitely try the clean boot today as well, thank you for all your help

TRENDING THREADS