Motherboard power is not holding

Sajeendran

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
I have a 4 yoear old ASUS MB, F1A75-V PRO. Last 4 years it was working fine. It was with windows 7 64 bit O.S. Recently it developed a problem. During normal functioning, suddenly it will go off. If I restart it will work normally. After few days, it deteriorated further. when I press the start button, the SMPS will start, fans will start running for a few seconds and then go off. I tried with different SMPS and RAM and no improvement. Can somebody give a solution?

Solution

That sounds very much like the board could be dead- either that or the CPU is overheating (that will force the board to power off)- though that would normally allow it to boot up once it's cooled down again... I think you are probably going to have to replace...

That sounds very much like the board could be dead- either that or the CPU is overheating (that will force the board to power off)- though that would normally allow it to boot up once it's cooled down again... I think you are probably going to have to replace the board as you've already tried the obvious fixes...

Solution

Latest posts