• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Motherboard power problem

May 24, 2020
So I received a Gamemax 600w powersupply from Amazon yesterday. I opened it and tested it with a testing adaptor they had included and it seemed to work just fine. I have installed 5, 140mm Rgb Uphere case fans in my case. All 5 fans plug into this port for controlling the speed, color and brightness with a wireless controller.

The cord that comes out of this port however is a SATA cable that I can only plug into my psu. There are no sata ports that fit my sata cable on my motherboard. Whenever I plug the sata cable from the fan port into a cable with the letters ‘HYM’ on it, the fans work and are able to be controlled normally. However the fans only work if I have the power chord adapter plugged in to the power chord. If I plug the power chord into my motherboard and then turn my psu on, only my motherboard lights come on and not my fans. Sorry if this was really hard to understand. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS