[SOLVED] Motherboard/Power Supply Compatibility

Jaques Booble

Reputable
Aug 27, 2020
I am in the process of a build and thinking about getting a MSI x570 motherboard. I was making the build on https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZxmQtp and ran into an issue with the power supply. It stated that there could be issues with the power supply and the motherboard due to "4-pin ATX power connector ." I had picked the power supply off of a site that had stated it would be compatible with the board. If someone could let me know what exactly is the issue and what I need to reach compatibility. Thanks!

Solution
It tells you that you won't be able to connect the additional CPU power connector but you don't have to. 1 8 pin is enough for the system to work. You just won't be able to do extreme overclock on the system.

Make sure it has 2 PCIe 6+2 tho for your GPU. I checked It does. You're fine.
It tells you that you won't be able to connect the additional CPU power connector but you don't have to. 1 8 pin is enough for the system to work. You just won't be able to do extreme overclock on the system.

Reactions: Jaques Booble
Solution

Jaques Booble

Reputable
Aug 27, 2020

Appreciate you!

Aug 11, 2020
It doesn't matter. It just prompts you that x570 needs additional CPU power connector in the case of extreme overclocking or large video card current draws, which rarely happens. Corsair CV 650W is powerful enough.

Reactions: Jaques Booble