Motherboard powered on with no display, now it won't power on at all.

Hitone

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hey, guys.
I recently ordered a new MSI 970 Gaming motherboard after my first motherboard had this issue. Or so I thought... anyways, I got a new CPU and Motherboard, installed everything just fine and tried turning it on. The motherboard would light up and the fans for the PC case and GPU would spin, but I'd get no display. That and no beep. I thought my first mobo was faulty so I got a new one and a cpu as well just in case. Anyways after taking everything apart then putting it back in, the thing would no longer power up. This new board has that symptom now, only instead of taking everything out, I only removed the ram and GPU and BOOM.... would no longer turn on. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I just wasted 200$ trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. :(

scuzzycard

Honorable
Something is not adding up. The problem might be your PSU. Your best bet is to breadboard it. Remove the motherboard and run it with just the CPU, CPU fan, 1 DIMM, and GPU. If it POSTs, add one component back at a time. If it doesn't POST, I would try another PSU.

Hitone

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Okay, I did what you asked but still no power. It didn't power up either way, with the connected things, and with the breadboard method. It was only until I hit the slow mode switch did everything function again. But, I had one stick of ram, the psu, gpu and cpu connected and it powered on. No display though. It powered on with everything else as well though. Hmmm, any other suggestions? My monitor is fine and the only thing I could think of replacing next is the psu, but alas I'm scared it still ain't gonna boot my pc. :(