Question Motherboard powers on but no post beep code.

Oct 9, 2022
Motherboard specs:
MSI H81M-P33
CPU: Intel Pentium i5 4460 3.2Ghz (Haswell Refresh)
Ram: x2 4gb Strontium PC3-12800U
Zatech 500W PSU
No GPU
Monitor: Samsung Flat screen tv.
I recently got this old MSI Motherboard from a friend. The Fans come on and there is power on the board. Tested PSU and it is okay. CPU and PCH is getting hot. Took out ram and it makes 3 long beeps codes that means ram error. Put them back no beep codes so it is reading ram. Flashed the Bios with CH341A Bios Programmer. When I power motherboard up cpu fan spins up and turns off and turns on again. So it post but no single short beep code. Would appreciate if any one can assist me with this old fossil before I chuck it in to a bin.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Tested PSU and it is okay.
How did you test it? Did you use the paperclip method or was it used to power another(known working) build?

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins.

When I power motherboard up cpu fan spins up and turns off and turns on again. So it post but no single short beep code.
That could mean that the BIOS is yet corrupt. How did you flash the BIOS with the BIOS programmer? Did you solder the BIOS chip off the board?

Oct 9, 2022
Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes did the paper clip test and also tested all voltages and its okay. No bent pins on CPU socket. I flashed the Bios chip by clipping on the bios clamp and used ASProgrammer software. Not so sure of the Bios version. I used 7817v19. What bothers me is the Bios needs to be flashed through M-Flash or MSI Live Update. The Flash tool reads the chip. I tried even the Bios version that is compatible with the Haswell refresh CPU. CPU is getting hot that means it is working.