MOBO / Motherboard :
MSI B450M MORTAR (MS-7B89)
RAM :
1 kit G.Skill Samsung F4-3200C14-8GFX - 2018
1 kit G.Skill Samsung F4-3200C14-8GFX - 2022

GPU :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
SSD :
HD SSD SAMSUNG 250GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCI Express 3.0 V-NAND MLC NVME MZ-V7S250BW
HDD :
Barracuda ST2000DM006-2DM164 - 2 TB
TOSHIBA HDWD130 - 3 TB

---------------------------------
On Friday 1/14/2023 in the morning when I was about to start working, pressing the power button on the computer did not show the POST BIOS screen or the Windows 10 login screen.

I opened the tower and on the motherboard the VGA LED of the EZ Debug LED lit up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpNip3vz5YGpJPYL8

- I was able to verify that the fan of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU stopped shortly after the computer was turned on.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PiiuU4LikMN4Mh7G6

- Tried booting without NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU to see if that would show POST BIOS screen but nothing on screen or login to Windows 10 either

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u7bYMJrsxUd5qNbM9

• I was looking for information in the official manual of the B450 MORTAR motherboard (MS-7B89) and above all on the Internet to solve the problem but I did not find anything relevant so I started doing all the tests that I was seeing in the different videos and websites. that showed possible solutions to solve this problem.

The tasks that I have been carrying out to try to solve or specify as much as possible what the problem is are the following.

- Disconnect all the hardware components of the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard that may interfere with its proper functioning, leaving the basics to start the system, such as a G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX RAM memory card. 8 GB, the AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU with the heatsink, the m.2 nvme SSD where Windows 10 is installed and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU that I had on from the beginning

- I would like to comment that both the AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor that I have on the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard and the motherboard in question do not have an integrated graphics card.

- Remove all the hardware components of the motherboard except the CPU and its heatsink, clean them carefully and reconnect them to see if it was a problem of the connection of the different hardware with the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard.

- I checked the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU that I had on this motherboard from the beginning on another much older motherboard which is GIGABYTE GA-EPA4-UD3L, this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU on the older motherboard works correctly and by that I mean that the fan does not stop as it happened to me on the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard and the computer starts the POST BIOS screen and the Ubuntu Server that I have installed.

- I went to a friend's house and I also tried this NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU on his motherboard that I don't remember what the model was but it's also quite old and it didn't give any problems either, it started the POST BIOS screen so I rule out the problem it could be the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU in question.

- To the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard I put an older GPU which is GeForce GTX 550 TI that I have installed on an old computer that I use as a server but it does not start the POST BIOS and it does not show the startup screen either of the Windows 10 operating system, in addition to this older GPU the fan also stopped shortly after turning on the computer

- Another test that I did was to remove the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti GPU, remove all the RAM memories that were installed, just leave the CPU and its heatsink, the m.2 nvme SSD and start the computer, then the EZ Debug LED shows turned on the LED showing that the connected DRAM was not found

- Lastly, and following the advice of a Youtube video, I removed the button battery from the CMOS so that the BIOS would be set to the default values in case any configuration that I had made in the past could have affected the proper functioning of the computer

- Another test that I did was to remove the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti GPU, remove all the RAM memories that were installed, just leave the CPU and its heatsink, the m.2 nvme SSD and start the computer, then the EZ Debug LED shows turned on the LED showing that the connected DRAM was not found

- Lastly, and following the advice of a Youtube video, I removed the button battery from the CMOS so that the BIOS would be set to the default values in case any configuration that I had made in the past could have affected the proper functioning of the computer

At the moment I have not been able to get the computer to work again, nor does the POST BIOS screen appear, much less the Windows 10 login screen.

I am currently using an old laptop to work and post this message.

- This is all I have been able to do based on my little knowledge, I do not know what to do to solve this problem, so I have seen on the Internet this type of motherboard such as the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) have been left to manufacture since they do not sell it in the best-known online stores, nor can I find it second-hand and I cannot find a superior version of this model, such as the MSI B450m MORTAR MAX or similar.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer me.

Thank you for your attention and time.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023
It sounds like you have done a thorough troubleshooting and have ruled out the GPU and other components as the cause of the issue. Based on the information provided, it seems that the problem may be with the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard. The VGA LED lighting up on the EZ Debug LED and the fact that the fan on the GPU stops shortly after turning on the computer are both indicators that there may be an issue with the motherboard. It would be best to contact MSI customer support or return the motherboard for further testing or replacement.

Reactions: blacktower101
Jan 18, 2023
It sounds like you have done a thorough troubleshooting and have ruled out the GPU and other components as the cause of the issue. Based on the information provided, it seems that the problem may be with the MSI B450m MORTAR (MS-7B89) motherboard. The VGA LED lighting up on the EZ Debug LED and the fact that the fan on the GPU stops shortly after turning on the computer are both indicators that there may be an issue with the motherboard. It would be best to contact MSI customer support or return the motherboard for further testing or replacement.

First of all, thank you.
Of all the forums I have consulted, you were the only person who helped me.
You were right, the problem was on the motherboard.
I replaced the 2018 MSI B450M Mortar motherboard with a 2022 ASUS PRIME B450M A II motherboard and all components work properly.
Thank you for everything,
I wish you the best. 😊(y)

TRENDING THREADS