Motherboard Problem. Please help.

wenquan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Hi guys I need some help on my PC. I bought a new pc since 2012 and I have been having strange problems with it. I am not sure is it the graphic card or motherboard having the problem.

Since 2012, I got this problem on and off. I encounter a blank screen when I boot up. But the system is still running but no signal to the monitor. The fans are still working also. Another similar problem is that windows will freeze for few seconds and then resume with a error message that say the display has stop working and it had resume. Sometime it will reboot and the blank screen will appear again. If these problem happens, I will reseat the graphic card a few times until it work. Sometimes if I accidentally hit the my PC slightly, the problem will appear also.

I just replace my old Graphic card earlier this year as the warranty expired. But before it expired, I did send in for a RMA and it still not working after that.
Now with my new graphic card it still have the same issue, and the problem occurring more frequently lately so I guess it going to die soon just like what I encounter before for the old card.

I suspected the motherboard might be the problem since my new card is also having the same problem. Anyone can tell me whats wrong? Is there anything wrong with my motherboard? I included my PC specs and please help me. Not sure if there is any hardware not compatible or in conflict.
I was thinking of replacing my motherboard and it can solve this annoying issue once and for all. Really very tired of reseat my GPU every day.

My PC Specs:
MB: ASUS R8Z68-V LE MB
CPU: Intel Core I7-2600 3.40GHz
RAM: 2 * 4GB CORSAIR Vengeance
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
HDD: Corsair Force Series 3 2.5" 120GB

Old GPU: Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum 128MB
New GPU: MSI R9-270X Gaming 2GB

PSU: Seasonic M12IT-620 620W Modular
Casing: CM RC-912A-KWN1 HAF 912 Advanced Case

Thanks in advanced.

wenquan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Thanks for the reply. If i really need to eplace the board, any particular brand or model to recommend? I really dont want this kind of ttouble anymore. Please help me to choose a compatible board based on my current specs. Also do i need to change anything else like psu or casing, etc. Not really sure how to go about chaning the board though. Thanks

wenquan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Since my last post my new MSI spoiled 2 to 3 time. So sad. Luckily still under warranty. I got two opitions i considering now.

Firstly my current motherboard although it is causing my GPUs to kerp spoiling but its built in GPU still work fine although a bit slow for some games. Any way to troubleshoot what causing my GPU to die.

Secondly would it be a good idea to change to a new card using another pci slot other than the one causing problem instead of changing the whole motherboard. My main issue for not changing a new motherboard other than cost is because i really have no idea how to replace it.

I dunno what i should deal with my current MSI card. Should i keep using it and get it replace until warranty expire or just leave it aside until motherboard replace?

What do you guys recommend?