Question Motherboard Problem?????????

goosemasterkl

Reputable
Jan 1, 2017
I have a HP 255 g5 laptop and it freezes up at different occasions; sometimes right after you start-up or usually 10-15 minutes after start-up. Is this a motherboard problem?

That's hard to say right off the bat. Could be an overheating problem, could be a RAM problem, could be a hard drive problem. First thing to try is running something like CoreTemp to check your temperatures. Second is to test your RAM, HP should have built-in a RAM tester. The longer the test, the higher the chance of the test finding issues. Completely wiping Windows could help too, unless you'd rather check Event Viewer and try to work out the cause, which in my experience, mostly takes longer.

goosemasterkl

Reputable
Jan 1, 2017
That's hard to say right off the bat. Could be an overheating problem, could be a RAM problem, could be a hard drive problem. First thing to try is running something like CoreTemp to check your temperatures. Second is to test your RAM, HP should have built-in a RAM tester. The longer the test, the higher the chance of the test finding issues. Completely wiping Windows could help too, unless you'd rather check Event Viewer and try to work out the cause, which in my experience, mostly takes longer.
I have a HP 255 g5 laptop and it freezes up at different occasions; sometimes right after you start-up or usually 10-15 minutes after start-up. Is this a motherboard problem?
How do I upload a photo to my reply for you to look at? Thanks