Question Motherboard problem

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I've been trying for 1 week to figure out why the computer doesn't start anymore, I did an update in the bios and since then it doesn't start at all, I tried to remove the battery, I tried to reset the bios in all possible ways, I watched 1000 videos and all in vain, I removed each piece from the PC, RAM, GPU, all, I thought maybe it was from a component something but still in vain, the computer turns on but has no image, keyboard and the mouse doesn't work, motherboard is b450m ds3h, do you have any idea?

The problem in the bios that we were trying to solve was something like "Service boot enable" I tried to put it on enable so I could keep open "faceit anti-cheat", it doesn't matter but as an idea.
I searched on youtube and there I found to do some kind of update I don't know exactly but that update after I gave "save & exit" everything broke.

Hi SAKERSON1(y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Was there a reason for updating Bios in the first place or was that "Service boot enable" the issue?
Try a system restore point or try reverting your Bios to it's previous version.

Please list your other system specs with an issue like this.

We first need to determine if it's windows file corruption or indeed a hardware issue.
Are you able to access Bios and have you tried booting into safe mode.?

Oct 12, 2021
Hi SAKERSON1(y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Was there a reason for updating Bios in the first place or was that "Service boot enable" the issue?
Try a system restore point or try reverting your Bios to it's previous version.

Please list your other system specs with an issue like this.

We first need to determine if it's windows file corruption or indeed a hardware issue.
Are you able to access Bios and have you tried booting into safe mode.?

Nope, i can't acces bios, i can't acces anything.. i press the button and it doesn't start.

As I specified above, absolutely nothing happens, from what I understand what I did, the solution should be simple, remove the battery from the motherboard, or try to connect the jumpers 5-10 sec to reset it, but I've tried several times and nothing happens, only someone who has suffered something like this may know, I can't explain what happened, I can't explain this thing to myself, I'm waiting for someone who has suffered this thing if I can't find an answer I'll buy a new board... I don't know what to do honestly.

Many have suffered what you describe and if all were just as simple as a CMOS reset that would be great.
  1. Did you revert your Bios as asked?
  2. Did you try a system restore as asked?
  3. Have you tried booting into Safe Mode as asked?
  4. Just what was the update you did where everything broke
  5. Are you going to list your full system specs as asked.?
Yes obtaining a new Motherboard might seem a simple solution however there is no guarantee it will be a fix.
It could be a faulty PSU or faulty RAM a failing HDD or SSD, Poor cabling or connections.

If you wish to trouble shoot then we have to start somewhere and determining if it's a bios issue then if it's hardware causing the problem all will have to be investigated.

Sure you might get lucky and someone might have a lucky guess, Lets see.

Last edited: