Motherboard psu connector problems

Jul 29, 2018
So I’m quite the PC noob as this is only my second build so please go gently. Essentially, I want to salvage the motherboard, RAM and CPU from a Dell Inspiron 3268 and put them into a new nicer case with some better components etc. My problem is that I don’t really understand the current motherboard as it seems to be proprietary. There’s no 24 pin psu connector there’s just 1x 4 pin connector labelled power supply unit cable connector and 1x 6 pin connector labelled the same (see pic). On the picture from the manual these two connectors are labelled 17 and 8 respectively. On my system both are plugged in with cables from the power supply. So I want to know what are these connectors and how can I use them with a third party proper power supply. Is there an adapter I can buy to make it a 24 pin? But then why are there two different connectors with different amounts of pins and which one would I have to buy and adapter for? Basically if someone could shine light on what I’ve got here then that would be great.

Pictures are in the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6d2lviuuduletq/AAAxPcoGkwoa4oyyYYxJruOJa?dl=0

Solution
I doubt there are proper adapters available to be able to use a mainstream PSU with that motherboard.

Other than the PSU, the other problem is I doubt the motherboard would fit in any standard ATX case.

This is likely a losing proposition.

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Usually, Dell Prebuilts use special connectors and special form factors. It is very rare that you can take the components from a Dell and put them into a nicer case. Im pretty sure in your case (pun not intended), Its not possible.

TRENDING THREADS