Motherboard question for my build

shorr8

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Hey all! I have my pc build list complete, and I've ordered every piece except for the motherboard and keyboard. I want to go try out keyboards in a store to see what switch type I'll prefer, but when it comes to the motherboard I'm a bit stuck.

Here's my list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/G2hRhM

Currently I have the ASRock as a placeholder, but I've heard some negative reviews about it. Other boards out there I've heard mentioned are the MSI Z97-Gaming 5 and the ASUS Z87 line (the pro and the non-pro). Each seems to come with its own slew of potential issues from what I've seen, and I know that no one board will have flawless reviews, so I'm truly stuck on what to get!

Any opinions are greatly appreciated, the build is already pretty up there (I increased my budget once already ;D) so I don't want something more expensive by any great amount, and SLI support would be cool seeing as I may do that in the future.

Thanks again!

DoctorFrogburn

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
From what I've heard the Extreme4 is definitely a solid choice - but so are the MSI and Asus. Just go with whichever one is cheaper and has all of the options you want.