[SOLVED] Motherboard questions

Solution
Alright so I am wondering a few things about motherboards:
is it worth the money to get a wifi motherboard or should I just get a WiFi adapter?
Is this motherboard good https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI-rev-10#kf? (if you say yes to the first question)
And how do I upgrade the BIOS of a motherboard safely any tips? and do I need to insert the USB into the motherboard or the tower?

It’s easy to do, but it’s also easy to cause problems if you aren’t careful. Always do your research before updating and ensure you are attempting to update to a stable version.

Either USB port will work for the update.

Here is the UEFI method, which is my preferred way:

Go to your motherboard’s webpage...

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Alright so I am wondering a few things about motherboards:
is it worth the money to get a wifi motherboard or should I just get a WiFi adapter?
Is this motherboard good https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI-rev-10#kf? (if you say yes to the first question)
And how do I upgrade the BIOS of a motherboard safely any tips? and do I need to insert the USB into the motherboard or the tower?

It’s easy to do, but it’s also easy to cause problems if you aren’t careful. Always do your research before updating and ensure you are attempting to update to a stable version.

Go to your motherboard’s webpage, click the “support” link (or something like that), download your new (and stable) BIOS version to your desktop, then extract it to a USB thumb drive. Next, plug in the thumb drive, restart the PC, and enter your BIOS (usually by pressing the delete key during the intro screen). Last, navigate your motherboard’s BIOS update section and install your file from the thumb drive.

Solution

Go to your motherboard’s webpage, click the “support” link (or something like that), download your new (and stable) BIOS version to your desktop, then extract it to a USB thumb drive. Next, plug in the thumb drive, restart the PC, and enter your BIOS (usually by pressing the delete key during the intro screen). Last, navigate your motherboard’s BIOS update section and install your file from the thumb drive.
How much space would the thumb drive need and are we talking the big external drives or the small like 120gb little USB sticks? and is there anyway to check if the version is stable?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
A 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB USB stick formatted to fat32 is recommended by most MB manufacturers for updating a BIOS.
To see if the BIOS version is stable go to the MB manufacturers support forum and see if anyone has posted about problems with the version you want to update to.

Reactions: davew1860
A 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB USB stick formatted to fat32 is recommended by most MB manufacturers for updating a BIOS.
Alright noted can you send me any cheap options?
We’re talking about the little USB sticks.

The file is very small, just several megabytes or so.
Alright thank you for the help! but is there anyway to check if a version is stable?

Reactions: davew1860