Motherboard RAM pins?

Kian_6

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hello! I have a Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 G1 Gaming motherboard but I have no ram installed on it, i have been looking everywhere for cheap ddr4 ram and found some answers. My question: what kind of ram supports my motherboard? How many pins does it need to have? Do you have any suggestions on where i can get 4gb of ram for this motherboard for under 40$?

Solution
4gb ram is not enough for a modern Windows 10 Gaming system, many games require a minimum of 8gb of ram. You will experience slowdowns and other performance issues without 8gb of ram at a minimum.

I have merged all your threads here, please try not to keep making new threads. I have to ask you have a fairly expensive Gaming motherboard and yet you are trying as hard as possible to cheap out on the rest of the system based on your posts about memory and the CPU I have seen. Why would you buy a board like that? This could have all been done cheaper.

MnMWizard

Respectable
Mar 9, 2016
It only supports standard (not laptop) ddr4, which has 288 pins. You might want more than 4gb for gaming unless you already have some, but here's a good 4gb stick:
https://www.amazon.com/Ballistix-Sport-Single-PC4-19200-288-Pin/dp/B01DPZVP3W/

MADVIU

Distinguished
It supports DDR4 in dual channel in a variety of speeds... which is 288 pins.

JOt1EQy.png

Amazon Search for DDR4 4GB

MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kian_6 : "Motherboard ram compatibility"

there is the memory support list for this board

any RAM listed is tested to work with it

http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1-rev-10#support-doc

Kian_6

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kian_6 : "Motherboard ram compatibility2"

Why is 4gb of ram not engough? Sorry but I am a big n00b when it comes to ram, Ethernet and cores... What i usually did on my old pc is play Overwatch. That is the heaviest game I had... My setup then was 2 gb ram and intel core duo vpro. Its very bad to say the least, it lagged horribly but i thought getting 4 gb ram would be engough since I am changing from intel core duo to intel core i5. What does the core difference do? Is it just the startup speed?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
4gb ram is not enough for a modern Windows 10 Gaming system, many games require a minimum of 8gb of ram. You will experience slowdowns and other performance issues without 8gb of ram at a minimum.

I have merged all your threads here, please try not to keep making new threads. I have to ask you have a fairly expensive Gaming motherboard and yet you are trying as hard as possible to cheap out on the rest of the system based on your posts about memory and the CPU I have seen. Why would you buy a board like that? This could have all been done cheaper.

Solution