[SOLVED] motherboard/Ram speed question

ogsmashsauce

Prominent
Apr 2, 2021
Hello,

I am getting a new PC and was wondering about speeds.

I am getting:
Ryzen 9 7950x (CPU)
ASRock X670E pg lightning (MB)
32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5, 6000mhz (RAM)

The motherboard says it supports DDR5 2400 mhz. Does this mean it wont support the max RAM speeds?

Thanks!!!

Solution
The motherboard says it supports DDR5 2400 mhz. Does this mean it wont support the max RAM speeds?
  • Dual Channel DDR5 Memory Technology
  • 4 x DDR5 DIMM Slots
  • Supports DDR5 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 6600+(OC)*
  • Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB
  • Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and EXTended Profiles for Overclocking (EXPO) memory modules
^ here.

I don't see where you came with the number of 2400MHz because it's impossible to be at that speed. However the ram you picked should work with your motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
  • Dual Channel DDR5 Memory Technology
  • 4 x DDR5 DIMM Slots
  • Supports DDR5 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 6600+(OC)*
  • Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB
  • Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and EXTended Profiles for Overclocking (EXPO) memory modules
^ here.

I don't see where you came with the number of 2400MHz because it's impossible to be at that speed. However the ram you picked should work with your motherboard.

Solution

ogsmashsauce

Prominent
Apr 2, 2021

^ here.

Thanks for the reply! I saw this on the board on amazon thats why i was confused...lol Sorry

BrandASRock
CPU SocketSocket TR4
Compatible DevicesPersonal Computer
RAM Memory TechnologyDDR5
Chipset TypeAMD X670
Memory Speed2400 MHz

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Umm yeah, that's wrong in every which way considering the Only ram at 2400MHz was the fastest DDR3 or the second slowest DDR4. DDR5 generally starts out at @ 4800MHz.

Also, Socket TR4? Socket type should be AM5. TR4 (SP3r2) is 1st and 2nd Gen Threadripper, most definitely not 7000 series AM5