Motherboard Rear IO and PCI-SLOT measurements

SaintsEnd

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
So i'm making a custom case and I am trying to figure out which one of these measurements are right (if any are completly accurate) as they all have some very different numbers considering its all for the same thing. I am mostly concerned about the height of the pci slots, one says 93.7mm, other 101mm and last is 104.775mm. Here are the images I have been looking at

picture.php

pcmeasurements.jpg

iospecmm.jpg

Solution
10cm's would be the mark! i.e the drawing closest to 100mm. Just to double check you can take a look at the PCI-E slot brackets length on your spare sound card or GPU as the dimensions haven't changed much in ages. Since you're building a case of your own I'd highly suggest you look through other build logs like Compact Splash and Project mATX.

What materials have you planned your case to built out of?

Lutfij

Titan
10cm's would be the mark! i.e the drawing closest to 100mm. Just to double check you can take a look at the PCI-E slot brackets length on your spare sound card or GPU as the dimensions haven't changed much in ages. Since you're building a case of your own I'd highly suggest you look through other build logs like Compact Splash and Project mATX.

Solution
Feb 24, 2019

i know this thread is old but do you know if the 4.1 mm are from the ground of the mainboard pcb or are they measured from ground of the case with standard standoffs? Thx