Question Motherboard rear jack issue?

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello

I´m having a weird issue
I´ve tested 2 headphones and they both show a buzzing/crackling sound when no voice is being played in the discord mic test
However , if i´m not chatting while in a voice call on discord , the buzzing/crackling does not appear
But this does not happen at all in my front jack
Could it be my motherboard or discord?
But i thought it would also happen in calls , it doesn´t
I´ve checked the audio control panel from both rear and front and they seem identical yet the issue only happens on the rear jack
What could be it?
Thank you

Hello

I´m having a weird issue
I´ve tested 2 headphones and they both show a buzzing/crackling sound when no voice is being played in the discord mic test
However , if i´m not chatting while in a voice call on discord , the buzzing/crackling does not appear
But this does not happen at all in my front jack
Could it be my motherboard or discord?
But i thought it would also happen in calls , it doesn´t
I´ve checked the audio control panel from both rear and front and they seem identical yet the issue only happens on the rear jack
What could be it?
Thank you
Front or back, sound comes from same CODEC chip and circuit, I doubt Discord "knows" where headphones are connected to so I would blame worn out or loose jack at the back.

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Front or back, sound comes from same CODEC chip and circuit, I doubt Discord "knows" where headphones are connected to so I would blame worn out or loose jack at the back.
But it is so weird that it immediately stops when i play a voice
Also it does not happen in calls
The longer i leave without sound the noise becomes louder
But even without playing voices , the mic bar rises to about 20% without any loud sound
This is extremely weird