[SOLVED] Motherboard recommendation for AMD 2700X paired with MSI Radeon RX 590 Armor 8G OC

Jul 17, 2019
Just received the Ryzen 2700X and the MSI Radeon RX590 8G card.
My main focus as a professional artist is Photoshop (huge files 2-4 Gig). I do have an interest in flight sim software. Games, perhaps in the future.
I plan to use a m.2 SSD as a primary drive, 32 gig memory @ 3000mhz or faster.
Looking for suggestions for a motherboard. No budget in mind, I will consider all options.
I would like to use a mid tower case if possible. But a full tower is acceptable.
Since I bought an MSI graphics card I want to consider using one of their motherboards. But if better options exist then I will go with a different brand.
Thanks

Solution
I personally have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz and I love it.
But if I was building a system now for a 2700x I would choose the Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming MB instead.
It has all the same features as my B450 but has a better VRM.
My board will run the 2700x fine but nowhere near as well as the X470-F will.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I personally have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz and I love it.
But if I was building a system now for a 2700x I would choose the Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming MB instead.
It has all the same features as my B450 but has a better VRM.
My board will run the 2700x fine but nowhere near as well as the X470-F will.

Solution
There's couple of B450's could handle a 12 core Zen2 easily, the B450 steel legend and the B450 Tomahwak, might be worth considering if you need extra cores in the future.
Ultimately you want to have the X570 with PCIe4 to get the most of some M.2 storage and higher memory clocks. The X570 Phantom gaming 4 has a good amount of fearures is pretty reasonable priced.

Jul 17, 2019
Just received the Ryzen 2700X and the MSI Radeon RX590 8G card.
My main focus as a professional artist is Photoshop (huge files 2-4 Gig). I do have an interest in flight sim software. Games, perhaps in the future.
I plan to use a m.2 SSD as a primary drive, 32 gig memory @ 3000mhz or faster.
Looking for suggestions for a motherboard. No budget in mind, I will consider all options.
I would like to use a mid tower case if possible. But a full tower is acceptable.
Since I bought an MSI graphics card I want to consider using one of their motherboards. But if better options exist then I will go with a different brand.
Thanks

you can use asus prime b450 plus in low budget class if msi can be B350M GAMING PRO