[SOLVED] motherboard recommendation?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys

i am wanting to upgrade my motherboard to a z590, i am wanting one that has good rgb and logo on it, also stays cool too (think that is the vrm chips).

i have the asrock legends b560.

budget is around £300

many thanks

Solution
Oh. You WANT MSI? So, strictly going off the hardware capabilities, yes, they do pretty well. IF that is all you care about. If not, then maybe, look at other alternatives. And ASUS, well, they just don't give a dang about making users happy. At all. Believe me. I have bought several generations worth of "Hero" boards, and then me and many others here have over the last couple of years, learned that they do NOT value you, at all. And, they will eventually make things right, but it's too much hassle.

So. This.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BXwCJtaZE

For MSI.

If you can look past their shady practices, then, pretty much they have the better mid range hardware. Otherwise, they suffer.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Do you have other prerequisites, like a particularly dominant color for the PCB, or onboard wireless, or anything other than good VRMs and RGB?
apologies, i wouldnt mind onboard wifi as that has bluetooth with it too which is very useful.
has the ez led which tells me if anything is wrong during boot up.
can change the argb to any color i want.
cant really think of anything else.

Reactions: froggy8

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS PRO AX ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (£243.60 @ Newegg UK)
Total: £243.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-05 23:35 BST+0100

Review:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-z590-aorus-pro-ax

This is a very good mid range board with four M.2 NVME slots, 2 aRGB 3 pin headers, 2 Aura RGB 4 pin headers, 13 USB ports and a 12 phase VRM with 90a mosfets.
thank you

will have a read on it now

Oh. You WANT MSI? So, strictly going off the hardware capabilities, yes, they do pretty well. IF that is all you care about. If not, then maybe, look at other alternatives. And ASUS, well, they just don't give a dang about making users happy. At all. Believe me. I have bought several generations worth of "Hero" boards, and then me and many others here have over the last couple of years, learned that they do NOT value you, at all. And, they will eventually make things right, but it's too much hassle.

So. This.

For MSI.

If you can look past their shady practices, then, pretty much they have the better mid range hardware. Otherwise, they suffer.

Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

So. This.

For MSI.

many thanks for your reply

i have not had much experience with msi or asus, i have had only asrock.

i mentioned the msi board as it has the dragon logo and it loghts up and other area of te board lights up too. it was teh look that caught my eyes then i looked at the specs and it is more than i need so sort of future proof for me.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

So. This.

For MSI.

i can get one brand new for £180 posted, is that a good deal?

I believe the Aorus Pro AX to be a much better board with much better features, but if you like the MSI board because of it's looks despite it being a relatively unknown factor due to a lack of professional reviews, then go for it. Personally I wouldn't buy any board that doesn't have at least one in depth professional review. It usually means it's either too new, or nobody wanted to bother having to buy one in order to review it because the manufacturer didn't send out review samples of it to anybody. And that usually happens when the board is somewhat lackluster or is inferior and they don't want the bad publicity.