Question Motherboard Recommendations for Servers

Aug 5, 2022
Good day my fellow nerds!

I am looking for recommendations on Motherboards for a NAS server at home. The OS I will be using is UNRAID OS.
Server itself will be used for File Storage, VMs, Game Server Hosting, & Media Streaming.
Right now I am struggling to find a motherboard that I like so I wanted to se if anyone had anyone
recommendations for me.

The requirements I have are:
-x570
-4 SATA III Ports
-PCIE x 4
-128 GB Memory Support

I prefer it to have:
-1 GB Ethernet Port
-ASUS Brand
-A second PCIE x 4 Slot
-256 GB Memory Support
-Approx. $500 USD

Money is only a preference so if you have a good recommendation that is more than $500 then I am open to it and all ears.
Thanks in advanced!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer! + G'day, dropbear!

Pretty much any X570 out there is up for your build, actually. You might be swayed in the direction of form factor since pretty much all Asus boards come bundled with an Intel NIC. mitx board are off the list since you need a secondary PCIe expansion slot, meaning the smallest form factor you can go is matx.

kanewolf

Titan
Good day my fellow nerds!

I am looking for recommendations on Motherboards for a NAS server at home. The OS I will be using is UNRAID OS.
Server itself will be used for File Storage, VMs, Game Server Hosting, & Media Streaming.
Right now I am struggling to find a motherboard that I like so I wanted to se if anyone had anyone
recommendations for me.

The requirements I have are:
-x570
-4 SATA III Ports
-PCIE x 4
-128 GB Memory Support

I prefer it to have:
-1 GB Ethernet Port
-ASUS Brand
-A second PCIE x 4 Slot
-256 GB Memory Support
-Approx. $500 USD

Money is only a preference so if you have a good recommendation that is more than $500 then I am open to it and all ears.
Thanks in advanced!
Your 256GB desire, and even the 128GB makes normal desktop boards inconvenient. Desktop CPUs only have dual channel memory controllers. That means they operate most efficiently with two DIMMs. There may be 4 DIMM slots on a desktop board, but the CPU has a harder time driving 4 DIMMs. Also, unless you really wanted to buy a 128GB (4x32GB) matched set of DIMMs, you will have a more difficult time achieving your memory goal.