[SOLVED] Motherboard recommended for ryzen 3 3300x

rechethas

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
Hey guys I'm planning to upgrade my cpu to Ryzen 3 3300x. Can you suggest a motherboard (under 70usd if possible).

And my current specs are
gtx 1050ti 4GB
8GB ddr4
i3 7100

Solution
https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/

Assumedly, the MSI "max" versions of the boards on that list also have BIOS flashback.

A fair number of X570 boards have BIOS flashback, but are fairly expensive. The viability of X570 is going to depend on if you intend to upgrade to a higher end CPU down the road.

You'll need to verify that the board you choose does actually have a BIOS revision that states compatibility with the 3300X.

You can also request a CPU from AMD to perform the BIOS flash, not going to be very timely.

Brick-and-mortar stores will oftentimes offer BIOS flash as a service.
A B550 mobo when they launch in June so you could upgrade to Ryzen 4000 or 5000 down the road.

400 series boards reportedly won't support anything newer than Ryzen 3000.

AMD's mobo release scheduling is a major dumpster fire. B550 is going to need to have ubiquitous "BIOS Flashback" feature set or they're only going to support the Ryzen 3100 & 3300X. Ryzen 4000 going to launch later this fall and will be a mess if B550 needs a 3100 or 3300X to perform the update to support them....ugh.

rechethas

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
Is there anymother
A B550 mobo when they launch in June so you could upgrade to Ryzen 4000 or 5000 down the road.

400 series boards reportedly won't support anything newer than Ryzen 3000.

AMD's mobo release scheduling is a major dumpster fire. B550 is going to need to have ubiquitous "BIOS Flashback" feature set or they're only going to support the Ryzen 3100 & 3300X. Ryzen 4000 going to launch later this fall and will be a mess if B550 needs a 3100 or 3300X to perform the update to support them....ugh.
Is there any motherboard which is available right now which supports 3300x

https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/

Assumedly, the MSI "max" versions of the boards on that list also have BIOS flashback.

A fair number of X570 boards have BIOS flashback, but are fairly expensive. The viability of X570 is going to depend on if you intend to upgrade to a higher end CPU down the road.

You'll need to verify that the board you choose does actually have a BIOS revision that states compatibility with the 3300X.

You can also request a CPU from AMD to perform the BIOS flash, not going to be very timely.

Brick-and-mortar stores will oftentimes offer BIOS flash as a service.

Last edited:
Solution