Commendable
Dec 1, 2018
System config:
I5 6402P
Gigabyte S2-h110m
Kingston 8gb ddr4 stick
400W Artis PSU
Gtx 1050ti

I sent my PC to repair shop as my PC was giving No diplay signal. I checked ram and graphic card so I thought it would be PSU issue. So sent it to shop. But he yold told it was motherboard issue.
Like my system works : fans get turned on, led glows but no diplay towards monitor.

He is now suggesting me to buy new mother board costing 80$ ( gigabyte S2-h110m) but I couldn't afford it at this stage so the alternative he said was replacing IC over it via desoldering for 33$ but he doesn't guarantee it.

I want to go for cheaper option, what are chances it works. Is it a risky choice?

Solution
You should swap that expensive paper weight out for a reliably build PSU, one that's made by Corsair or Seasonic. It's highly possible that the cause of the issue cropped up with that bad quality PSU. In fact if you do manage to get your system back up and running with a new motherboard, chances are you're going to kill it again courtesy of the badly build PSU. If I were you, I'd inspect the motherboard's CB surface for any bent/broken/swollen/leaking/burnt capacitors to verify if the repair guy is in fact telling the truth.

I looked up the PSU you're using and the hits I get are all from India, judging from the location, there often are dishonest folks there who claim one thing but in reality it's another. No offence.

Lutfij

Titan
You should swap that expensive paper weight out for a reliably build PSU, one that's made by Corsair or Seasonic. It's highly possible that the cause of the issue cropped up with that bad quality PSU. In fact if you do manage to get your system back up and running with a new motherboard, chances are you're going to kill it again courtesy of the badly build PSU. If I were you, I'd inspect the motherboard's CB surface for any bent/broken/swollen/leaking/burnt capacitors to verify if the repair guy is in fact telling the truth.

I looked up the PSU you're using and the hits I get are all from India, judging from the location, there often are dishonest folks there who claim one thing but in reality it's another. No offence.

Solution

vinchurkarsanket608

Commendable
Dec 1, 2018

Ya I agree. I knew that my PSU is going to make this issue one day, I argued with him for installing Corsair one's only, but he insisted to go for this and made fake promises and atlast I have to give as at that time those were out of stock online. I don't know y everyone around here sell these zebronic and other chinese PSUs.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If the shop was trying to sell you a junk PSU in the past, why are you still going there?

Unfortunately, they sell because they're cheap and unscrupulous companies like to take advantage of customers without a lot of money to spend.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
System config:
I5 6402P
Gigabyte S2-h110m
Kingston 8gb ddr4 stick
400W Artis PSU
Gtx 1050ti

I sent my PC to repair shop as my PC was giving No diplay signal. I checked ram and graphic card so I thought it would be PSU issue. So sent it to shop. But he yold told it was motherboard issue.
Like my system works : fans get turned on, led glows but no diplay towards monitor.

He is now suggesting me to buy new mother board costing 80$ ( gigabyte S2-h110m) but I couldn't afford it at this stage so the alternative he said was replacing IC over it via desoldering for 33$ but he doesn't guarantee it.

I want to go for cheaper option, what are chances it works. Is it a risky choice?
No. Its probably a processor issue. There's a 72% Chance of it being a processor issue.
What happened before the PC was giving a no display signal?
The shopkeeper has to be really skilled to change the IC.

I'd recommend loosening the CPU fan screws. Also, You can check the processor if there is any damage.
Loosening is a simple job. You don't have to loosen it too much though. And be careful.

No. Its probably a processor issue. There's a 72% Chance of it being a processor issue.
What happened before the PC was giving a no display signal?
The shopkeeper has to be really skilled to change the IC.

I'd recommend loosening the CPU fan screws. Also, You can check the processor if there is any damage.
Loosening is a simple job. You don't have to loosen it too much though. And be careful.

The CPU is probably the last thing to fail on a system, it's a lot more likely to be a bad motherboard, or almost anything else before the CPU itself. With a low quality power supply it could have done damage to other components, but the core issue would be the power supply.