Motherboard replacement for older i5 2320

hawk5656

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Hi All,

Wondering if you can help, I'm in the process of upgrading an old i5 2320 to act as a gaming pc in the living room:

Current Specs:

I5 2320 @ 3.0 ghz - 1155 socket
8 gig DDR3 RAM
Corsair CX500 watt PSU
Nvidia GeFORCE GTX 750 ti 2GB DDR 5

I'm having a few issues with the screen freezing - which I think may be down to the motherboard - which is an ancient mATX MS-7728 (medion OEM mobo). From reading on previous threads, this doesn't support the 750ti CPU. (Aware it could be a number of other reasons), but ideally, I'd like to get a new mobo and rebuild. (The last BIOS update from MEDION was back in 2012.. so not much I can do with the current setup I believe)

Could anyone recommend something suitable that's available nowadays that would be compatible with the CPU , or alternatively, if I would be better shopping for a used board online (and if so, which are good considerations)?

Functionality wise, the current setup if perfect for my needs , as its only going to be used to play fairly standard indie games, I'm playing the likes the XCOM 2 / Starcraft 2 and similar with no problems, but any advice on a replacement is appreciated.

Budget wise - I'd rather not go above £80, as my other pc is fine for the meatier stuff.

Many Thanks

#edit - added mATX info

Solution
Any H61 board that you can find will suffice for that setup and support the card that you have.
Not sure if you'll be able to pick one up online new though.